Homebrew [GAME] Diablo 2 sorceress project - come back

LeRodeur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i wonder from what it could freeze... and moreover why only on dstwo? quite strange...
Could you test these files?
Tell me which one work or if both are not working.
Could you tell me exactly where it freezes? at the end, middle of loading?
Thanks

EDIT: could you add the version of your firmware, if your using any special launcher etc?
EDIT2: i tested with my m3 wood, getting stuck at loading screen too with the file using EFS... working on a fix.
Working fine with the diablo_project_nefs.nds file, and you?
I updated the file with diablo_project.nds which is working on my m3 ds simply, so you got this one which should work with the nefs one, but _win one which should freeze.

LeRodeur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry but i've been busy those time so i couldnt make some updates, so i wonder what you would like to see next in the homebrew, just answer the poll!!

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I expect to see hmm... other characters and probably their skills? Maybe exp system(or maybe it's too soon). More maps and monsters also would be nice.

LeRodeur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who answered the poll and said the game crashes? can give me more info? Would be nice if i could fix it
Currently working on addding trees and other objects to the map

LeRodeur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will release the new version tomorrow, need to test on real nds before publishing the game (i don't have access to my own nds anymore so i need to test on my friend's)
What should be there in the new version:
-Real map, no infinite map anymore, cantt escape your tragic destiny against zombies...
-Added fences
-Added trees
-Objects of background fading when your behind it to see whats happening
-Ice skills freezing(not really but at least slowing by half
wink.gif
would have been to much power) your ennemies!
-Major fix when having more than 150objects (need to test the max number of object on real nds, to check free memory space and free space in vram for sprites), when deleting some objects it was deleting the wrong sprites
-Changed filesystem from efs to devkitarm filesystem, may fix loading issues but i need more feedback than only "it doesn't work"...
-Maybe more but it's secret!

LeRodeur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so i have just tested it, and it crashes at loading..
I tested the old version and it crashed too
I updated the firmware and now the v1.0.4 works fine but the current version doesnt work, need to fix that...
Maybe a dldi issue but cant figure how to fix that, need to test some things, keeping you up to date!

Edit: Ok so i figured out that loading crash was due to mp3 play... so i will make 2versions from now, one with music and one without, so everyone will be able to play! ;)
I think i will upload the new version soon, maybe tomorrow!

LeRodeur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tried it today on orig R4, good game so far :yay:

the zombies come too fast and i cannot shoot a fireball fast enough
Thanks for the feedback, by the way i know it comes too fast but I will implement a level system in the future so that there will be only few zombies at first levels (when you will use low level skills as fireball/icebolt, and the spawn rate will increase with levels, so will your skills
Actually the project is still "young" (not really but it started anew 1month ago)
Hope you will follow the project, a new version is on the way!

LeRodeur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok i will check when i will have some time thanks :)
you can also help me for other things if you re interested in helping the project
by the way, your feedback about the v1.0.5?

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tested 1.05 with sound on R4 Wood. All new features works correct(freezing zombies is so cool). Only when I teleport over zombie square and I go far away from it, the game slow down after comeback to zombies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.