[GAME] Diablo 2 sorceress project - come back

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LeRodeur, Sep 5, 2011.

Sep 5, 2011

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Diablo 2 sorceress : Zombie edition

This is tribute, i dont want to harm blizzard/blizzard north!!!

Repository is available at http://code.google.c...ceress-project/

How to play?

Pad : move
    Stylus : Launch skill
    Stylus + L-button : launch secondary skill
    Select : skill menu : touch the wanted skill with stylus, set secondary skill by pressing L+stylus at the same time (like launching it)
    START : Pause
    X button : savemenu
    Y button : load menu

Download : here

Wanna join this project? just pm me, no particular skill is required! ;)

Older patch notes
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

Thanks to :
    -mollusk for his PAlib (though i'm not using it anymore)
    -brunni for his ulibrary
    -PlayerAdvance community for the help
    -Smealum for anwering my questions :P
    1 people like this.

kevan Imagination rules the world

Message Count:
    Australia
    Looks cool!
    • Reporter

FAST6191 Techromancer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Yes that was a while ago... Much people must have thought i would never finish it x)
    by the way i got hard work at school so it's sometime kinda hard to work on this project.
    Thats why i'm looking for someone to help me adding data and story to the game, even a non-programmer can do it

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Up for update

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    New update v1.0.4, some changes :
    -changed death screen and death system code
    -added new skills : blaze, firewall and hydra
    -changed skill menu background to tiled version, takes less space in rom
    -Now need to click on a skill or exit button instead of anywhere on the screen to quit skill menu
    -reduced size of many images due to memory lack as using palib+ulib
    -fixed a litle error in the hitbox collision code
    -Implemented auras code

Please tell me what you would like to see in the next version, i am still looking for people to help me finish some things like adding monsters maps storyline, level gestion ideas?
    It would be nice if most readers could tell me what they think of the project, seems like i'm doing this for only 2 people there :s
    • Newcomer

Neodemon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    This looks incredibly promising.. However, it fails to leave the loading screen after the intro, Just hanging there with the doors of Hell wide open.

I'm using a Supercard DStwo+DSi. Loading it through the DStwo launcher. I'm kinda at a loss as to why it isn't working, any help would be appreciated.
    Hell, I might even be up to helping you add Story Elements/Structure etc.
    • Reporter

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Message Count:
    United States
    That's weird, Neodemon,
    it's working fine on my DStwo, just tried though BAGplug, and official menu.
    • Newcomer

Neodemon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hmm :/ (feeling left out)

how long is the loading time?

*I just re downloaded and tried it again, with no luck.
    • Reporter

Message Count:
    United States
    Hmm, micro sd problem, maybe?
    Maybe try formatting it, see if that works.

@LeRodeur, this is pretty fun to play, nuthin' like killing the undead =)
    As for suggestions, I know its a Diablo tribute, but it'd be great to have some SmashTV/TotalCarnage/GeometryWars type gameplay. Maybe some unconventional weapons, some rapid fire machine-gun action to spray up teh zombies =)
    Just a suggestion, no prob if it doesnt fit with your vision of how you want the game =P

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    @neodemon
    I never had any problems like this one before except when my code is messy
    or when i load some graphics wrong are linking pointers to bad functions but here i havnt got any warning by the compiler..
    Maybe the mix palib and ulib isnt well accepted, is the first splash working fine?
    I may try to deactivate palib for you to test if it works but could you try to launch it with no gba and tell of if you see differences with it running on your dsi before it crashes?

@vatoloco well it could be an idea and i could make two versions but i would have to look for the sprites and i have not got much time but if you want to help me doing it it would be ok, all you would have to fine is the
    images
    @all if you want to help me then confirm it and i will make a little tutorial in the evening because at the moment i am on my mobile phone just waking up^^
    • Reporter

Message Count:
    United States
    Hi LeRodeur, those were just thoughts off the top of me head, so dont do anything drastic, like make a whole separate version=P
    I really would like to see the game further developed though (monsters, backgounds, etc)
    Also, im pretty certain that Neodemons issues arent from palib, but more likely msd corruption- he should troubleshoot at his end, before you go messing with yer program (it goes fine for me with DStwo on DSiXL).

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Oh i thought you were using only dstwo with nds not dsi, then there shouldnt be any problem as the dsixl should have the same architecture as DSi
    For the monsters background etc... well i can do this but i'm actually studying and it needs a lot of time so i can't really spend more than 30min a day on the project, when i can spend time on it...
    By the way as i told in the presentation of the game, i can release sources with full engine so if someone wanna make another game as you said it's possible!
    I was also thinking to add super skills but i must invent it so if you have ideas of skills that i could implement just tell me!
    I think i will add back the "fallens" ones and the ravens i used in the first version of the game (a while ago)
    All i need would be to add the AI and split the images to free some vram.
    I just need to get a story and some help for the structures =)
    • Newcomer

Neodemon New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Alright, I'm reformatting my Micro SD right now. I'll post back in a few when I'm done formatting, and copying everything back over.

*Okay, It took awhile because I was tweaking with the cluster size, I actually tried it on a few different clusters sizes as well, but with absolutely no luck.
    I even re-installed the EOS for the Supercard with clean files, still nothing. Though The game does work fine with No$gba as expected.
    I don't think you should try to strip the game of Palib, or Ulib, as that might not even fix the problem. And it will just use more of your time.

On a side note, I hate FAT32, and it's limiting cluster size. Turning my 15MB, Atari, and ColecoVision collection, into 76.6MB. Every MB is precious.. -_-

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Kînda weird, first time i hear that specific homebrews can't start because of cluster sizes. Maybe an issue with efslib, i should upgrade my code to use the last file system from devkitprm but when will have time.
    By the way still want to help me?
    • Newcomer

Mefisteso New Member

Message Count:
    Poland
    Geez, I'm so excited!!! Do you plan to copy story from D2 or do something new? Playing Diablo2-even-clone on handheld is my dream ; ))))

Good luck and keep working! [IMG]

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Well as is said, i have no idea what story will be in the game, i need some help to find ideas! [IMG]
    • Newcomer

Mefisteso New Member

Message Count:
    Poland
    In my opinion, the best way is not copying story one-by-one, but the general story should be similar(I mean, killing diablo, eventually baal)I'm gonna find it nice, if it will show some new objectives.

Well, how about items, eq etc. Do you know already how to copy equipment in?

LeRodeur New Member

Message Count:
    France
    Well actually i can extract everything from the real game, but need to implement the feature in the homebrew, items are not my priority because it needs much coding compared to the other things i could do (leveling system etc)
    I havnt got time this week end, i guess new version wont be up until next week

Rogue_Syst3m New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    it freezes at the loading screen for me also

sorry im using a ds2

SPONSORED LINKS