Hacking FW 2.0 - should I update to 3.0?

grubgrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi Eveyrone,

I have not used my switch in a while, its still on 2.0.
Seen the news today,
Are people updating to 3.0 or sticking to 2.0?

Thanks!!

thedetire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll update since PegaSwitch will still work.
If you're on 2.0.0 and don't want to play physical games then stay, otherwise update.

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed now on 3.0 as well but since they jumped so far in revisions ... more may have changed under the hood. (They may have gone patch heavy which is why it went to 3.0).

PegaSwitch does work for both though so it's a matter of how they implement a jb and rolling the dice that the method works for 2.3 and 3.0.

Reactions: SomeGamer

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Confirmed now on 3.0 as well but since they jumped so far in revisions ... more may have changed under the hood. (They may have gone patch heavy which is why it went to 3.0).

PegaSwitch does work for both though so it's a matter of how they implement a jb and rolling the dice that the method works for 2.3 and 3.0.
Thanks! I guess I'll update then.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just because some say update to 3.0, I would not jump the gun on this.

There maybe other flaws N patched with 2.0+ that are open with V2.00.

Basically, if you don't give a shit about online functions, stay on 2.00 a bit longer.

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I guess I'll update then.
I'd update only if you need to. If you're playing people online ... cool, but I'd keep it on 2.3. If a golden fw comes out later it may be on a cart ;) since Arms 2.1 updates was on the cart itself.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What did you buy your switch for?
  • Enjoy the system and play games as they were conceived? (assured): UPDATE, you will get the latest features, performance and stability improvements, and support.
  • Be able to use homebrew, cheats and/or piracy? (potential, not assured): DO NOT UPDATE EVER UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED.

kamekaz3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who are curious:

https://twitter.com/daeken/status/877244158930333696

Which was the reply to
"Switch update 3.0.0 fixes a known vulnerability in the NS sysmodule (originally found by @qlutoo in April):"

Of course it's the safest to stay as low as possible but don't feel too bad if you want to update for the new features or have done so already.

Edit: don't know how to quote twitter in a fancy matter.

Last edited by kamekaz3,
Reactions: peteruk

ricosuave0922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so my Zelda game will be fine since I'm on 3.0. Say 3.1 comes out breaking pega, I could just turn off all internet and I could still play without any problems. It's just like the 3ds where some games come with an update on the card and require that firmware. Got it. Thanks :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended