FunkyCIA Guide - how to make CIAs from your eshop stuff :)

Requirements -
  • A 3DS on 4.X, with the DS profile exploit. You do not need Gateway I believe.
  • Internet on your computer
  • Able to run python
Step 1 - Download http://gbatemp.net/attachments/launcher_ticketdb-dat-zip.13329/
**** The code is unstable, you might have to run it a bunch of times before it works.
When it works you will know, it is fast, so if your screen does nothing for like 5 seconds just turn off and try again. I once had to try 7 times - usually I am lucky though ***

Step 2 - Extract it and rename it to Launcher.dat - rename the actual GW Launcher.dat to something else for now.
Step 3 - Put it on your 3DS's sd card. Load up the exploit (settings, profile, etc...)
Step 4 - It should run, when it is done, turn off your 3DS. Hold the power button until it is off.
Step 5 - Take out the sd card from the 3DS, put it in your computer. You should see ticket.db and ticket.db_gwemu. The first file is from the sysnand, the second is from emunand. Copy them somewhere, maybe to your desktop.
Step 6 - Download http://gbatemp.net/attachments/funkycia2-zip.15361/ - and extract it.

Now, you run the python file. (On mac it's very easy, I'm not sure about windows)
type: python FunkyCIA.py ticket.db_gwemu -type dlc
This would download all the dlc you have installed, and make them into CIAs :)
You can specify what type of content you want to download, like: -type dlc would download dlc, -type demo gameapp would download the demos and gameapps that you have in your ticket.db.
You can use -type with gameapp, update, dlc, demo, dsiware, system, or ALL
You can download everything you have if you specify -type ALL. This includes system titles, so maybe you don't want to do that, just list all the types you want apart from 'system'. Find the title ids of the stuff you want using 3ds.essh.co, maybe devtool, maybe some other method.

Or, if there is some specific title ids (specific games/updates/etc) that you want to download, use:
-title XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and you will download and make a CIA for those 2 titles only.
You cannot choose to download a content type (dlc, update, etc), and specific title(s) at the same time.

You can turn off downloading with -nodownload (if you want to only show the title ids you have in your ticket.db)
You can turn off CIA generation with -nobuild (so the stuff will only be downloaded)
You can turn off sorting by -nosort (by default, the contents are sorted into folders, so all the demos would go in a demo folder, all the system stuff would go in a system folder, etc)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Edit: Okay, I got FunkyCIA to work through python using the cmd. Now I have a new problem. The games are downloading, but they won't convert to cia files. Here's my window:
'make_cdn_cia.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

i guess i should add a check for that, it looks like you don't have make_cdn_cia in the right place

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
cearp: Has the "Caution, Ticket and TMD Title Versions do not match" error been adressed already? Facing the same issue atm :/
Or could you tell us how to manually build from the correct ticket + tmd files?
it's not a problem about the version number mismatch. it alone does not affect the legality of the cia.
apart from that message, what is your problem?
if you want to know how to build the cia manually, just look at the make_cdn_cia source...
or have i misunderstood you?

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not a problem about the version number mismatch. it alone does not affect the legality of the cia.
apart from that message, what is your problem?
if you want to know how to build the cia manually, just look at the make_cdn_cia source...
or have i misunderstood you?
Oh, I thought the mismatch was the cause for devmenu telling me the cia was invalid... might be caused be sth else then.
Never mind then :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Thanks for the reply! Where should make_cdn_cia be? I've just been leaving it in the same folder with the FunkyCia program.

hmm it should be, unless maybe you are not running python in the correct directory (use funkycia as the current directory)?
i don't know how python works on windows... sorry

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
When the files are converted to .cia files, will it already include my preexisting save file?

no, this does not use any of the game's files from your sd card, it grabs them all from nintendo's server.
maybe you can backup your save in the game's folder on your sd card, and restore it... but i think it would only work on the same 3ds console. - i have not tested it at all.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, cearp your tool is awesome.
Can i obtain the name of the games?
because i have 30 or more eshop apps and i have no clue of what game is every cia.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, remember I said I have issues with python.

Every time I try installing it, installation failes and "reverts the changes" happens :(

All I wanna do is play my european dumps on my japanese 3ds with all updates.. BECAUSE I have the 3ds recording capture board on my japanese 3ds

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
trying to donwload a game the program don´t do anything and just put in the screen:

Downloading contents... please wait

Downloading 2 title content(s), please wait...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FunkyCIA.py", line 218, in <module>
response = urllib2.urlopen(baseurl + '/' + cID)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 437, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 550, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 475, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 558, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

EDIT: This happen when i try to make a cia of the pokemon ruby omega and shin megami tensei soul hackers , Shin megami tensei 4 is working for now( at least in making the cia).

StraTTtheRipper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm it should be, unless maybe you are not running python in the correct directory (use funkycia as the current directory)?
i don't know how python works on windows... sorry
For some reason, now it's working just fine. Thanks! http://3ds.essh.co Doesn't really do anyone any good because they only give you the title ID and not the title key :(

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
--but why?
I want to share some titles I purchased but I don't want my header to be used online unless it comes from my device.
In other words, for the same reason people strip the headers out of their cartridge dumps before they share them.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I want to share some titles I purchased but I don't want my header to be used online unless it comes from my device.
In other words, for the same reason people strip the headers out of their cartridge dumps before they share them.

oh that header, i understand what you mean. that is only used in 3ds carts/3dz files, cia files use something specific to your console, it is not stored in the file.
don't worry about it :) naturally, the files FunkyCIA produces are 'anonymous'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...