Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will this erase all my eshop purchased games? Is the Wii U similar to the wii; I can put my purchased game in the disk drive and copy it to the hard drive? What is the size of a wii u game? What is the recommended sd card size to do this hack? Can I transfer wii u games on the sd card to the wii u hard drive?

lebrawurschd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Will this erase all my eshop purchased games? Is the Wii U similar to the wii; I can put my purchased game in the disk drive and copy it to the hard drive? What is the size of a wii u game? What is the recommended sd card size to do this hack? Can I transfer wii u games on the sd card to the wii u hard drive?

1 no it wont you just wont be able to play the vc game anymore if you decide to use haxchi

2 there is a way to dump youre discs and convert them to install them but its more comfortable to just get the installable file from nus.

3 size of wiiu game depends on the game for example mario maker + update about 2gb
xenoverse chronicles x + update + dlcs about 40gb

4 i personally recommend a sd bigger than 64gb for a black wiiu it could be come in handy if nintendo releases a new firmware to use rednand for the new firmware.

5 and for the transfer from sd to usb yes you can thats the brazilian exploit

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 no it wont you just wont be able to play the vc game anymore if you decide to use haxchi

I meant my previously purchased eshop games... Can I still play my purchased games and have save states if I install haxchi? and if I do the haxchi hack, the game I buy from eshop to do the hack is unplayable?

ozzy8143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i get error 199-9999 plz turn off and try again.after i installed this how do i fix the error.wrong thread sorry.

Last edited by ozzy8143,

bobbytomorow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once complete this process what is safe to remove from the SD card (folders)?

Thanks for this great guide by the way

randomuserx

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I've got what seems like an odd problem that I'm hoping someone can help with. I'm just hoping I haven't done anything stupid!!

I followed all the guidelines at the weekend and it was all working absolutely fine. I haven't used it since and I booted it up tonight and tried to go into the homebrew launcher and it just freezes on a blue screen with lots of dots floating around, it says homebrew launcher 2.1 in the bottom right corner. It never gets past this screen. I tired to go back in through the website but that then crashes on a white screen with the Wii u logo on the bottom right corner.

Also the DS game I had installed which had changed to say haxchi has changed back to the original game title.

I'm really confused and without being able to get back into homebrew, I'm not sure what I can do to try and resolve it.

Apart from this, the Wii u seems to be functioning as normal.

Any suggestions on what I can try would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

bigballs1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi

I've got what seems like an odd problem that I'm hoping someone can help with. I'm just hoping I haven't done anything stupid!!

I followed all the guidelines at the weekend and it was all working absolutely fine. I haven't used it since and I booted it up tonight and tried to go into the homebrew launcher and it just freezes on a blue screen with lots of dots floating around, it says homebrew launcher 2.1 in the bottom right corner. It never gets past this screen. I tired to go back in through the website but that then crashes on a white screen with the Wii u logo on the bottom right corner.

Also the DS game I had installed which had changed to say haxchi has changed back to the original game title.

I'm really confused and without being able to get back into homebrew, I'm not sure what I can do to try and resolve it.

Apart from this, the Wii u seems to be functioning as normal.

Any suggestions on what I can try would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Are you sure your SD card is still inserted, as that`s where homebrew apps are stored, with no SD homebrew launcher has the blank screen you mentioned. Sometimes just re-inserting the SD can fix this issue. Also, cheap SD cards can cause issues. I had an SD that worked flawlessly with Loadiine but would always fail a WUP install. Sandisk all the way.
On a separate note, many many thanks to the OP for this tutorial! Does anyone agree it needs WUP Installer GX2 channel added too?

Last edited by bigballs1981,

randomuserx

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure your SD card is still inserted, as that`s where homebrew apps are stored, with no SD homebrew launcher has the blank screen you mentioned. Sometimes just re-inserting the SD can fix this issue. Also, cheap SD cards can cause issues. I had an SD that worked flawlessly with Loadiine but would always fail a WUP install. Sandisk all the way.

Thanks for this!! It was definitely in there but I'll double check through files and wipe down the card just incase.

Many thanks

Shimano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have this problem, after installing CBHC FW i set autoboot to System but i can't go back to HBL.. i get this message:

CBHC v1.5 by FIX94 (DS Title)
Autorebooting...

How i can go back to Home Brew Launcher ?

BrutealMarcus

Trophies
XP
Country
First time wiiu modder, I understand that I could use the webexploit to install mocha cfw then use the wup installer to install my games and I'm good?

Can I reboot my wiiu after that and just play the games without using any hack?

D

Deleted User

First time wiiu modder, I understand that I could use the webexploit to install mocha cfw then use the wup installer to install my games and I'm good?

Can I reboot my wiiu after that and just play the games without using any hack?
Illegitimate games require you to launch Mocha CFW [sigpatched sysNAND] in order to play them.
Also you download Mocha CFW, not install it ^^

Zero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are all the cfw for the Wii U temporary (not counting cbhc) and so you have to run mocha every time you reboot your Wii from a power down?... sorry if this is a dumb question a little new to the Wii-u scene.

Lol sorry did not see the comment directly above this haha!!:/ just posted from the reply box at the bottom of the first page.

Ok so besides running games from USB hdd what else can we do once mocha and everything else is running?

One other question would it be better to use a few image and boot it rather than mocha or is mocha a newer more evolved form of that basically???

Last edited by Zero99,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.