Full WIIU Softmod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by lebrawurschd, Jan 2, 2017.

?

What shall be added next

1. VWII

2. LOADIINE

3. SAVIINE

4. BRAZILIAN EXPLOIT?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zukkk81

Zukkk81 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Ok using tommasi s trick worked :) and i got all the way to the end, so everything is working now :)

I have a question: i've done the wii u softmod on my class 10 64GB card, but I did the vwii softmod on a different, 8GB, SD. If I wanted to use the modded vwii now, would i just need to swap the SD before powering up the wii u? or would that destroy everything? if this is the case, what can i do?

thanks.

2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I just combined the two SDs and it works for me. The folders the two sides use are different so there is no conflict I can see.

3. lampard1983

lampard1983 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015

4. steveroo

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    Very nice tutorial. There's too many wii u softmods for me to keep up. I'll be following this "how to" on my wii u

RustInPeace likes this.
  5. VinnyBoomBoom

VinnyBoomBoom Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Haven't had a chance to chime in, I need help again :cry:. When I hold B while loading haxchi, after a fresh system boot, haxchi launches into homebrew and not to the wii system menu. I downloaded your latest starter pack and replaced all of the files on the sd card. Do I have to reinstall haxchi? I used the "Get rid of Browserhax if you want ;)" method. Am I correct that all the browserhax method does is bypass having to navigate to the browser exploit, but it still requires an internet connection? Is there a way I could start all over and use the CBHC method?

Last edited by VinnyBoomBoom, Jan 9, 2017
  6. Zukkk81

Zukkk81 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Will do that, thanks

7. Shinisaki

Shinisaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey there, great tutorial. works fine for me, just one question.
    Before the CFW i only used the Brazillian method. Now with the CFW do i need the SD-card permanantly insert the wii u ?

lampard1983 likes this.
  8. Crackerboy

Crackerboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States
    Tutorial looks great. I'm gonna read over it a couple more times and the comments.

EDIT:
    I went ahead and followed the tutorial. The only issue I saw was that people really need to read the tutorial completely before actually doing it. So #4 puts you in homebrew, but if you do #4.1 you have to quit out of homebrew...purchase the game and go back in.

Under Method 2 CBHC it says to launch homebrew but doesn't say if you should use HAXCHI to get there? might be helpful to just add the url to launch url to the steps that say "go to homebrew channel". For most this shouldn't be an issue..for some they are going to sit and wonder how to get into the homebrew channel (and they probably shouldn't be modding systems).

ANYWAY! Thanks for putting this together..it worked perfectly.

I did have a question though and maybe I need to read some more, but what files are necessary to be on the sdcard for all of this to work...if I chose METHOD 2...or is the sd card even necessary?

Last edited by Crackerboy, Jan 10, 2017
  9. VinnyBoomBoom

VinnyBoomBoom Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    OK, I managed to use the CBHC method, everything is working as it should be. For anyone who ran into my dilemma and decided they want to use CBHC instead, you do not have to redownload the eShop title to create another haxchi or cold boot. The CBHC method will merge with your existing haxchi and occupy the same exact position on the system menu / there will be no new title installed on the system menu, the haxchi icon will change into the CBHC icon.

10. lebrawurschd
    OP

lebrawurschd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I wrote a few days ago that im out of the Scene if anyone is able to continue this guide feel free and copy pasta the first thread ;)

11. tommasi

tommasi Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2006
    Canada
    You don't need The 64GB SD card inside th WiiU, but I have it there just for extra memory

12. ozzy8143

ozzy8143 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2016
    question how do i access homebrew launcher from cbhc.i have installed cbhc now it auto boots to it now everytime i select it.

13. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Wait what??? You access HBL from the system menu assuming you installed the channel. It(?) autoboots to what(?) every time you select what(?). Certainly you are not selecting the "Do Not Touch" icon?

14. ozzy8143

ozzy8143 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2016
    i followed the guide to install cbhc so it autoboots when i power on wii u.but when i select it the channel it loads up and just auto boots back to pick a user of the wii u.

15. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Edit: nevermind, dumb mistake on my part

Last edited by duffmmann, Jan 12, 2017
  16. Crackerboy

Crackerboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    United States

This guide was awesome. Get back in the scene...should we start a gofundme to get you a wii-u?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok....so after the mod...no SDCARD is required in the WIIU? even for method 2?

17. lebrawurschd
    OP

lebrawurschd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    no i havent sold my wiiu because i needed the money ;)
    i sold it because the switch is coming soon and ive played all the games i wanted on wiiu

18. ozzy8143

ozzy8143 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2016
    can anyone help how do i boot into homebrew once cbhc has been installed i dont get the option it just auto boots to system menu

19. ozzy8143

ozzy8143 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2016
    after doing the cbhc i cant add new user it stays blank the mii and cant add to it.any ideas anyone

20. tommasi

tommasi Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2006
    Canada