Full vWii Softmod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials & FAQs' started by asper, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012

Full vWii Softmod by asper at 5:24 PM (179,530 Views / 13 Likes) 307 Comments

asper New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    For now no, it is NOT possible to run GC games under vWii; maybe with a new version of Devolution it will be possible (but you will need to have original GC because Devolution will run ONLY if you have the original GC disk); another homebrew is DIOS MIOS but I don't know if it will be ported to vWii due to hardware limitations.

• Newcomer

MarioBr1 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Wait so the Wii U wont take GameCube disks not even with Homebrew?!
    I thought it was just a software thing, but thinking about it they mustve gotten rid of the mechanism in the Wii that allowed reading the mini disks... :/ Bummer.

ChaosEnergy New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    how will you control gamecube games?

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Message Count:
    Germany
    Everything worked pefectly for me. Thanks for your guide!
    • Newcomer

PnP Bios Don't like my post? GOOD!

Message Count:
    United States
    I think playing GameCube games is a bit of an unrealistic expectation. Not having a place to plug in the controllers and all.

actar New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    I haven't a WiiU for try... =(

.. but really: great guide! :lol:

asper New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You are welcome men ! Actar, feel free to post your experience when you will buy a Wii U ;)

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks, worked well. Never got Wiiflow to work, but USB Loader GX works just fine, as does the forwarder for it in the other thread.
    • Newcomer

gothteen New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Thnx for the guide, got wiiflow to work without any major hickups :) Only problem now is my usb stick (Sandisk Cruzar 16GB) that doesnt got recognized :( Tryed fat32, ntfs (including wbfs folder and foldernames for the games) and wbfs but without any luck.

So now im playing trough the sd card, 8gig can only hold so much but hey, its better then nothing :D

Thnx again :D

ps, would it be a wise idea to go online (vWii or WiiU mode) now that i've altered some ios's??
    • Newcomer

steven New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    did you include the game id in the folder name for ntfs?
    • Newcomer

gothteen New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Yeah i did :) (example: usb:/->wbfs->SVME01 Super Mario All-Stars->SVME01.wbfs) First i tought it was that problem as well, double checked and everything inside the sd card folder is exactly the same (now installed 2 of my games on the sd card, its full xd). Tried to copy the complete wbfs folder to usb and after i booted wifflow, it didnt work (fat32/ntfs), included all apps and the rest of the folders to try and start all things from the hbc trough usb (without sd card), it worked but wiiflow still does not pick it up when i load it. So yeah, i can run emulators (good old snes or gba), homebrew and stuff but i cant get wiiflow to work with my usb stick
    Last edited by gothteen, Jan 6, 2013
    • Newcomer

yafaiz Old Salt

Message Count:
    Australia
    Have you tried going into wiiflow settings and choosing USB1 as your game partition?

Also it should be NTFS HDD/wbfs/Super Mario All-Stars [SVME01]/SVME01.wbfs
    Last edited by yafaiz, Jan 6, 2013
    • Newcomer

OrgaMecha4253 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    does it need to be NTFS and do they need individual folders?

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Message Count:
    United States
    Works for me in usb loader gx after using backup manager to transfer the games over.
    • Newcomer

gothteen New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Tried that as well, did not work. Keeps loading at the bootscreen (initializing usb...) and when i plug out the usb stick, it starts usbloader_gx without my usb stick. If i wait long enough, it also continues but wont show up my usb content as well :(

Yes i have :) Tried every setting possible but no luck. Got the dir stuf right btw (usb:/wbfs/Super Mario All-Stars [SVME01]/SVME01.wbfs) I think my usb stick is not compatible, can anyone confirm this?

petspeed New Member

Message Count:
    Denmark
    Have you tried both the normal D2X and D2X-Alt?
    • Newcomer

dominater01 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    hey guys i have a question i install the exploit to softmod a vwii everything is working just great nothings wrong but in the other tut under the thread why was wiiuhax thread removed second page it never sed to backup and nand or keys like these threads do is it possible for me to still do these steps or am i to far in to have a good backup of the nand

i got homebrew channel, d2x, usb loadergx and ios 236 patched for vwii installed

Plunt New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    the keys will not be effected, as for the nand it will also backup any cios or wads you have installed. since you haven't bricked your console, doing a nand backup now just means if you use your backup to restore your nand it will return it as is now
    • Newcomer

gothteen New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Jup, on usbloader_gx im getting stuck at initialize usb device with both of them, doesnt seem to be much different (d2x-v10-beta52-vWii and d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii)

UPDATE (aprox 1 hour later): tried it in wiiflow as well (as i didnt had that installed before trying the other d2x), not much of an improvement. Beta52 wont load wiiflow at all when i have the usb stick inserted at boot, Beta53 will load but i cannot see any games. usb1 partition selected, it just keep saying there are no games on the stick (while i got 6 games installed in the right directory...)
    Last edited by gothteen, Jan 7, 2013
    • Newcomer

yafaiz Old Salt

Message Count:
    Australia
    You may just have an incompatible USB Stick, Wii and Wii U don't really like Pen Drives much.

Try booting a game from an SD Card SD/wbfs/Game Name [IDCODE]/IDCODE.wbfs
    then change the partition in wiiflow/usbloader gx to SD.

This will determine if it's just your USB Drive that it hates, because if games work from SD it means your cIOS are fine.

UPDATE: Sorry I can see you can run from SD perfectly fine, so yes it's your USB Stick. Use another.
    Last edited by yafaiz, Jan 7, 2013

SPONSORED LINKS