Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

roardenmyer12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I formatted SysNAND twice because the first time using TinyFormat, I read the guide a bit wrong, is there a chance that I have to format RedNAND three times in part 4, to unlink them?

3van

Trophies
Website
evanosaurus.com
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*

The release archive of Universal Inject Generator from step 4 is kinda broken.

I understand wanting to make it as easy as possible for people, but checking dynamically-linked binaries into a git repo and then relying on a shell script to run them based on platform is kinda asking for problems.

In my case, I looked at the shell script, saw it was keying off of architecture, and noticed the -x64 variants 3dstool/ctrtool/etc. in the tools folder. I already have my own built versions of all that, but I didn't feel like messing with it and just let it do its thing... which failed miserably, yet the script kept executing after each failure.

Turns out those -x64 files are just shell scripts that echo "Dummy 64bit 3dstool.\nPlease generate this binary."

As a result, my copy of H&S that I ripped from my 11.0 sysnand has apparently become corrupt, and (unless I'm missing something obvious) I don't see a way to get a clean copy of it again. D9 lets me inject the payload (after I pointed the script at my tools manually), but the H&S app is missing its icon at boot and just crashes the system when launched.

note: it might be a good idea to add a step to Part 4, Section I right before you run the script (#13) to tell people to stash away another copy of hs.app in case something goes wrong

This (injecting FBI into H&S) all worked fine on my 9.2 emunand after I fixed the tool problems, so I can only assume that's what caused this to happen. Any ideas? A9LH is totally installed correctly, but I don't have a way to load CIAs currently... so... yeah. :(

Also:
Is there a way to get Luma3DS to chainload HBL as a payload like I have buttons mapped for D9/emunand9/uncart at startup? As it is right now, I can only launch it via smashhax, which is... less than convenient.

(don't get me wrong, though: this guide is seriously awesome, @Plailect. I hadn't looked at the scene in a while, and this was a nice summary of all the stuff I need to read up on at 3dbrew.)

(also, so I'm not just bitching about my own mistake instead of doing something productive, I'm forking that Universal-Inject-Generator repo and adding some proper dependency checking and error handling, at the very least. maybe build automation if i have time at work tomorrow; all of those tools don't really have much in the way of dependencies themselves so building them shouldn't be arduous)

Last edited by 3van,

Michael Maistro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi guys im at Section IV i wanna boot dec9 but when i hold start it just automaticly boots into sysnand no armloaderhax no dec9 what can i do now?

damage9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This tutorial is just perfect! I already made this method on two 3DS xl and one New 3DS.
But I have a Old XL model made in Thailand, that uses USA fw. I made the downgrade to 9.2.0U, but in this tutorial, it's recommended not to DG 2.1.0 3DS from China an Korea. Does it include the Thaiand model, even though it uses USA fw?

roardenmyer12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another issue. Whenever I go into the browser and enter the link on part 4, section 3 on my 2DS, I put in the URL to load OTPHelper, but then there's just a white, and grey checkerboarded bottom screen. It flashes black very quickly, and my 2DS freezes. How do I move on? Should I just load OTPHelper from the HBL?

Michael Maistro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Another issue. Whenever I go into the browser and enter the link on part 4, section 3 on my 2DS, I put in the URL to load OTPHelper, but then there's just a white, and grey checkerboarded bottom screen. It flashes black very quickly, and my 2DS freezes. How do I move on? Should I just load OTPHelper from the HBL?
restart and clear you browser files all coockies all history and saves than restart your 2ds and try again and again till it works

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
This hack is amazing!

Total control of the system from power on quicker than you can blink, seriously, holding SELECT to get Luma3DS config is nearly instantaneous. O3DS is significantly faster now it's not running from EmuNAND and can be patched right up to latest firmware. No more need to install GBA VC patched games twice. Seriously impressive work, and the guide is comprehensive and well written.

I got REALLY lucky with mine. The EmuNAND downgrade to 2.1 worked first time, OTPHelper flashed it to SysNAND first time no errors etc, simple SD card pull to get it to boot and dump the otp.bin. Rest of the hack was fairly simple. Getting 1GB back from the SD card after removing EmuNAND is a nice bonus, too.

Only thing I'd want to do now is get Homebrew Launcher running from a hotkey at boot time, like D9WIP and EmuNAND9 do. Is this possible? I'm guessing it can only launch BIN files, and I've never seen HBL available in that format.

binx2469

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have followed this excellent tutorial and everything went fine. Is there a way to boot a supercard dstwo from the cfwsysnand? Thanks for the great and easy to follow guide.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this guide - wasn't hard to follow.

the only part that annoyed me personally if the "unlinking" of nands - i get it for people that dont know, but you should possibly just clarify how to tell if they are linked or not (if you use menuhax already and you can change the theme on the emunand, and still cold boot to emunand, then you are unlinked).

i potentially could have started from after the backup and the unlinking since i did those ahead of time.

i would also suggest doing the main back up/store BEFORE doing anything. it really slows the process down to do it during the middle.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What if I have all my original data still in my sysnand and I format the emunand, at the end of the guide to restore back all the data Can I restore the sysnand.bin instead of emun_nand.bin ?

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a couple of old3ds, the one i'm trying to do is on 4.4 (I have used it for gateway in the past). First I need to update to 9.2 following the tutorial but when ever i click on the browser icon on my sysnand it says I need to update my system version and I cant go any further to start decrypt9 through the url. Can anybody help me out please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end