Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
For step 4, do I need to do all this health safety injection stuff if I already have FBI installed on sys and emunand?

If injection done, in the second unlinking using Tinyformat you will already have injected FBI ready for installing Tinyformat.cia again.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Quoted from https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP):
Plailect said:
In the future, this will allow for running things like Decrypt9 to unbrick yourself without a hardmod and other awesome tools.
This is possible already, D9 works with arm9loaderhax.
And I'm really sorry to correct you every now n then, but I think this should be modified, because people will think 'when is future gonna come' etc.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
Is PlaiSysUpdater safe for upgrading from <9.2?

Edit: To be safe I just upgraded with a cart then downgraded to 9.2 :)

Last edited by porko,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why you'd want to delete it?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
There's a couple reasons that I can say off the top of my head:
1. They're selling their 3ds can want to make it as stock as possible for the person they're giving it to
2. They get a moral kick and feel bad about hacking their system and want to reverse it

Reactions: proflayton123

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
There's a couple reasons that I can say off the top of my head:
1. They're selling their 3ds can want to make it as stock as possible for the person they're giving it to
2. They get a moral kick and feel bad about hacking their system and want to reverse it
What are morals and ethics, when nothing exists..

MiePx3

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick question. I got my old 3DSXL here and want to install cakes on it!
I went through the whole guide and installed Luma. Now, if I want to change to cakes, all I have to do is replace the files from luma with the cakes ones?
I remebered in a older version of the guide, that I had to run MiniPasta to patch my sysNAND. Did I already do that with Luma?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Quick question. I got my old 3DSXL here and want to install cakes on it!
I went through the whole guide and installed Luma. Now, if I want to change to cakes, all I have to do is replace the files from luma with the cakes ones?
I remebered in a older version of the guide, that I had to run MiniPasta to patch my sysNAND. Did I already do that with Luma?
I guess check out the main thread for cakes and asking there too, getting better results?

esareias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so when I was using the OTP helper and used "one click setup" I ended up getting this error in the log):
Checking title 0004013800000102...
TMD not found or corrupt

I saw that it had something to do with a patched TWL_firm.

The troubleshooter in the guide said to use godmode and I didn't have a folder ending in 00000102 instead it ended in 202.

I have no idea what to do, and I believe I am pretty close to the end of the guide.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
So I finally did it, I have my opt and I installed A9LH on my N3DS.
I'm at Part5 - IV when you have to copy your emuNAND_original.bin to sysNAND with Decrypt9.
My problem is that I used another SD to make the whole process and emuNAND_original.bin is not the one with all my stuff. Do I have to use this one or can I use one made with Decrypt9 from my emuNAND with all my stuff?

Edit: So yeah, that works.

Last edited by Redferne,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A minor issue with the guide: In Part 1, the guide says to change themes and switch back, to initialize the theme data. It does not tell you that certain themes might prevent Browserhax from installing correctly. At the very least, I can tell you that the Persona Q theme prevents Browserhax from installing. I wonder if it's the music that plays in the menus or something.

I recommend instructing users to change themes to the default 3DS theme.

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone knows how to get the browser to work after downgrading to 2.1.0? im trying to get the OTPhelper to load up but it just freeze, any help would be greatly appreciated

roardenmyer12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About how many tries should it be when downgrading? 2DS at 9.4, it's getting to be a pain how long this is taking when downgrading to 9.2. 4th try, still no luck. :(
It keeps getting stuck on "Hax Init"

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About how many tries should it be when downgrading? 2DS at 9.4, it's getting to be a pain how long this is taking when downgrading to 9.2. 4th try, still no luck. :(
It keeps getting stuck on "Hax Init"

Launch a FTP app in hbmenu and exit it (if ftbro press b twice) then launch sysupdater, it helped me and some people. Also try using tinyformat if the FTP trick doesn't work.

Last edited by SterneSchreien,
Reactions: emuashui

roardenmyer12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch a FTP app in hbmenu and exit it (if ftbro press b twice) then launch sysupdater, it helped me and some people. Also try using tinyformat if the FTP trick doesn't work.
I'm really new, and it's usually the easy parts that get me bad here. But, uhh, could you tell me the name of an ftp app? I downloaded the homebrew starter pack, but other than the files you need for downgrading from this guide, I don't have much else.

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really new, and it's usually the easy parts that get me bad here. But, uhh, could you tell me the name of an ftp app? I downloaded the homebrew starter pack, but other than the files you need for downgrading from this guide, I don't have much else.

Starter Pack contains ugh FTBrony, open it then press b twice, you will be kicked to homebrew menu and then you can launch plaiSysUpdater (IIRC this is the one you use for this guide).

roardenmyer12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**Nevermind, I tried it because I realized I had FTBrony. But it froze when I loaded SysUpdater, before I could press any buttons.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

**Nevermind, I tried it because I realized I had FTBrony. But it froze when I loaded SysUpdater, before I could press any buttons.
Ahah, god. I see now, I was supposed to relaunch Plaisysupdater after FTbro. Not the original sysupdater

Last edited by roardenmyer12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person