Homebrew FTPony - FTP server for 3ds

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have GW emunand 9.2 and installed ftpony via cia (though it looks like snes blarg). I installed the cia with bbb tile manager. Its really glitchy and unstable, Sometimes I can't connect, and when I can, I can't upload or download files. I use filezilla on my windows 7x64 to connect if that matters. Also I am having trouble closing the app, home button does nothing most times, and I have to power off anyway. Maybe this is cause its a bad cia file, I don't know. but It would be so helpful if I could edit the saves and move things without powering off the 3ds to remove the sd card every time I want to edit a file.
You're using an old version, i posted a newer one that fixes some of this. It's also not compatible with filezilla. It will connect, but fail to transfer files. Use winscp.
it dies really quickly, it's rather annoying
Dies?

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using an old version, i posted a newer one that fixes some of this. It's also not compatible with filezilla. It will connect, but fail to transfer files. Use winscp.

Dies?

Trying your version now, and getting the ftp tool you specified ( actually had it but thought it was only for sftp, untilnow)

EDIT: RachelB, is the new veriosn you are refering to the 3ds file linked on page 3 post #54?
if so, do you have a cia verison?

giga502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Dies?

Yeah, I'll be transferring files and it will suddenly the FTP connection will 'die'

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not able to get any version posted in this thread to work, regardless of inputting usernames or not, winscp or filezilla. All of them say connection timed out before they can login, except one time winscp mentioned waiting for a message of the day or something. Dunno what that was about, but does anyone know whats going on? (I know I'm connecting to the correct IP, right port, and so on)

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not able to get any version posted in this thread to work, regardless of inputting usernames or not, winscp or filezilla. All of them say connection timed out before they can login, except one time winscp mentioned waiting for a message of the day or something. Dunno what that was about, but does anyone know whats going on? (I know I'm connecting to the correct IP, right port, and so on)
Should be like this
gdkdk.png

and press ok on the next screen (don't enter anything)

If it doesn't work, restart ftpony

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
it just freezes for me. is there some special trick for exiting the app or something?

You need to be connected to a network when you start the application. Also, it doesn't work after first installing it. You gotta restart your system to get it working.

Once you get it launched, you need to connect to it in order to unfreeze it. Don't launch it unless you're able to connect to it with a device.

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought of something,does the N3ds have faster wifi? Assuming the GW will work on N3ds the same way it works on 3ds now, transfering CIA files will be such a pain given that the mSD card is hidden under the back plate. Wonder if file transfers are faster.

Albaxx

Trophies
XP
Country

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to use ftpony with nc-exploit, I can login without problems, can create folders on the sd-card, but I'm not able to transfer files to the sd-card. The connection suddenly dies.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this app. Using it with ninjhax; possibly the most convenient thing you can imagine for 3ds homebrew and grabbing screenshots from my card now :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: