GordRyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi all,

I was setting up my frodo plugin and i have some questions about file extensions.

Example, when i extract my Galactic Games .zip file, two files are created:

Galgame0.d64 & Galgame1.d64

Question -> I would like to rename them so that they reflect the proper title. Do I rename them Galactic Games0.d64 and Galactic Games1.d64 or will frodo recognize the original .zip file so I don't need to do anything.

Other games I have unzipped also could have numerous files with various file extensions (.sid, .p00, etc.). How would I go about renaming them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Renaming - no problems there, the 2 files in that instance is because it's a 2disk game: you will want to load Galactic Games0 first.
Other Extensions - .sid isn't supported in Frodo, but .p00 is. Ditto .d64, .t64 & .prg. Other extensions, including .zip, will not work.

GordRyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks mighty,

For esethetics, say a game has 5 disks, should I rename the first one game0 and then name the rest accordingly, game1 game2 etc. and simply hide the rest to avoid multiple covers?

Could I also use the custom names.ini file to do this also

Thanks.

GordRyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks mighty,

For esethetics, say a game has 5 disks, should I rename the first one game0 and then name the rest accordingly, game1 game2 etc. and simply hide the rest to avoid multiple covers?

Could I also use the custom names.ini file to do this also?

Also, would the first disk always be called game0 or can I simply call it game?

Thanks.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, exactly the same as I do with the multiple disk games (I think mine are actually in the parent folder rather than hidden, but yeah same thing!), and yes you can rename the 1st disk to remove the numbers, again I've done the same there!
Not actually sure about custom names.ini though - probably yes, but I've used that solely for FBA.... in the case of C64 roms though you don't need to keep the zip named 'as is' of course, so although we both know all the renaming's a right PITA, might just be simpler to rename your files...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Welcome!