Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveyL2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ether custom apps don't work, or uninstalled apps don't work. My favorite title is both of those.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ether custom apps don't work, or uninstalled apps don't work. My favorite title is both of those.

Not sure where exactly the smdh of an uninstalled app is stored, so idk if I'll be able to fix that. Currently there is an issue where it doesn't recognize physical carts (if they are your favorite).

Also while I'm here I wanted to mention that I'm still working on this project under the hood. Sometimes I don't push changes to git if I feel like they're not ready. Recently I got the friends list to show up among other improvements. We'll see where this goes.

Last edited by Joel16,

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My wish is to get a similar-chat (IM) systems in this app, and replace it to the system app (like Android with root, for example).
That would be great ;D

Reactions: weegee721

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure where exactly the smdh of an uninstalled app is stored, so idk if I'll be able to fix that. Currently there is an issue where it doesn't recognize physical carts (if they are your favorite).

Also while I'm here I wanted to mention that I'm still working on this project under the hood. Sometimes I don't push changes to git if I feel like they're not ready. Recently I got the friends list to show up among other improvements. We'll see where this goes.

All SMDH used by Activity Log, Friends List, Notifications, etc. are stored in the shared extdata archive 0xf000000b (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata#NAND_Shared_Extdata)
The "idbt.dat" file contains a titleid list, and the "idb.dat" file contains the actual SMDHs for the titles on this list, one after another.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I made it more pleasant to look at (please do give me some feedback, or else don't complain once the change becomes permanent). Also, I'm currently working on implementing the Friends list.

gjeJG1W.png
HRCIVYm.png

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I made it more pleasant to look at (please do give me some feedback, or else don't complain once the change becomes permanent). Also, I'm currently working on implementing the Friends list.

gjeJG1W.png
HRCIVYm.png
Looks amazing so far, it'd be nice if you could display the Mii of the person, and display their name instead of "Friend #[Insert Number Here]." If it was for tracking your number of friends, why not add a friend counter near the bottom left/right corner?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks amazing so far, it'd be nice if you could display the Mii of the person, and display their name instead of "Friend #[Insert Number Here]." If it was for tracking your number of friends, why not add a friend counter near the bottom left/right corner?

Not too sure about gearing their mii's displayed like how they are in the friends list app. I can try to get their name and other info to show up though, like region and such. I'll also includes the friend count elsewhere. The friends list is still a huge W.I.P, I'll add more things to it in the coming days. Thanks for your input!

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I haven't given up on the project.

B95ltCm.png
vNKllJU.png

So far the following changes have been made:

• Fully working friend's list (with scrolling implemented).
  • Now uses PP2D for VBO.
  • Fixed screenshot bug resulting in multiple screenshots.
  • Now lets you know if a person hasn't added you back as friend (Their name also does not show up).
  • Minor Makefile fixes (Fixed banner audio, and also no longer uses 3dstool for romfs).

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

B95ltCm.png
vNKllJU.png

• Now uses PP2D for VBO.
  • Now lets you know if a person hasn't added you back as friend (Their name also does not show up).
  • Minor Makefile fixes (Fixed banner audio, and also no longer uses 3dstool for romfs).
it makes me happy to know that you haven't given up.

Reactions: Jacklack3
D

Deleted User

B95ltCm.png
vNKllJU.png

• Now uses PP2D for VBO.

When you release this, can you please make a 3dsx file?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you release this, can you please make a 3dsx file?

I mean sure if I get to a point where a release other than a POC/Dev release, I'd tag a 3DSX build along as well. However, it'll require you to use Luma only (Since it's the only cfw ATM that handles patching service access automatically).

D

Deleted User

The new design is very nice! I'm really looking forward to the finished product.
And, if I were you, I wouln't worry about displaying Miis. It would be very nice, but extremely difficult (if not impossible) to accomplish without using proprietary Nintendo code. If you ever do want to tackle Miis, I'd do it after literally everything else.
Good luck!

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new design is very nice! I'm really looking forward to the finished product.
And, if I were you, I wouln't worry about displaying Miis. It would be very nice, but extremely difficult (if not impossible) to accomplish without using proprietary Nintendo code. If you ever do want to tackle Miis, I'd do it after literally everything else.
Good luck!

Yeah working on Mii's was never gonna be a thing. I mean we can definitely get some info from them using the miiData struct, but rendering them is a no go (at least for now).

Reactions: Deleted User

SilverfalconLP

Trophies
XP
Country
Can make data base for search friends (not added to my list) by games ,región, etc ?and if run on second plan you make awesome proyecto
Sorry im spanish

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regional filters is actually possible^

Anyways, here's the *actual* initial release. (No this wasn't vaporware lol).

Features:
  • Displays friend list. (Use L/R to switch between your friend card and friends list)
  • Add/remove friends from your friends list.
  • Search for friends by their name. (Perhaps more filters later :P)
  • Displays friend current playing/favourite title ID, titleID. (Yeah I know doesn't look very nice but it works)
  • Displays friend's comment as well as their friend code.
  • Displays owner's friend code, favourite game, comment etc, online status, hide status etc.

Your friend card:
AMHcgLF.png

Your friend list:
P792qws.png

Uhmm can you search for someone that is actually in your friends list?
2By5XyK.png

Download: https://github.com/joel16/FriendMii/releases

Last edited by Joel16,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Regional filters is actually possible^

Anyways, here's the *actual* initial release. (No this wasn't vaporware lol).

Features:
  • Displays friend list. (Use L/R to switch between your friend card and friends list)
  • Add/remove friends from your friends list.
  • Search for friends by their name. (Perhaps more filters later :P)
  • Displays friend current playing/favourite title ID, titleID. (Yeah I know doesn't look very nice but it works)
  • Displays friend's comment as well as their friend code.
  • Displays owner's friend code, favourite game, comment etc, online status, hide status etc.

Your friend card:
AMHcgLF.png

Your friend list:
P792qws.png

Uhmm can you search for someone that is actually in your friends list?
2By5XyK.png

Download: https://github.com/joel16/FriendMii/releases
@Hunter
@zacchi4k
These guys should be especially happy to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr