Hacking Freeshop for games I already own.

Relic1882

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I recently installed Luma3DS CFW on my n3DSXL and I want to keep the firmware for the system at 11.2.0-35U for now. I own a few games that I purchased from the eShop. I can't redownload them because the system wants me to update to 11.4 to access the eShop, so I was going to use the freeShop to reinstall them. Will I still be able to play them online, being they are mine and linked to my NintendoID on this system? Sorry if it's a noob question. I can't seem to find a sure answer.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. I recently installed Luma3DS CFW on my n3DSXL and I want to keep the firmware for the system at 11.2.0-35U for now. I own a few games that I purchased from the eShop. I can't redownload them because the system wants me to update to 11.4 to access the eShop, so I was going to use the freeShop to reinstall them. Will I still be able to play them online, being they are mine and linked to my NintendoID on this system? Sorry if it's a noob question. I can't seem to find a sure answer.
Yes, no problem. you don't need anymore ctr-httpwn. my 3ds is in 11.2 and i can play online without any problem.

Relic1882

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I just finished installing the CFW and I thought doing the procedure on 3ds.guide would leave everything intact. I followed the instructions exactly. As long as I can get back what I paid for, I'm happy. Thanks!

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the info. I just finished installing the CFW and I thought doing the procedure on 3ds.guide would leave everything intact. I followed the instructions exactly. As long as I can get back what I paid for, I'm happy. Thanks!
Always make a backup of your nand with hourglass9
and simply enjoy.
Like old times.
Now you're playing with CUSTOM power TM

Relic1882

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The procedure told me to use GodMode9 for nand backups. I followed the directions to restore the backup and everything went well the first time through, just my eshop titles on the main screen are gone and my saves are gone too. I can't see why, but it's too late now I suppose. The only step I skipped was the system update because I didn't want to go up to 11.4. I'm on 11.2 now just fine, like I was before I started.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
The procedure told me to use GodMode9 for nand backups. I followed the directions to restore the backup and everything went well the first time through, just my eshop titles on the main screen are gone and my saves are gone too. I can't see why, but it's too late now I suppose. The only step I skipped was the system update because I didn't want to go up to 11.4. I'm on 11.2 now just fine, like I was before I started.
Wew, godmode9 no.
Use Hourglass9 to backup nand and restore nand. it's more easy and more fast.
Don't update to 11.4. stay in 11.2

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should not have happened if you restored your backup. freeShop copy of the games won't be "yours". If you had your own tickets dumped, you could use those to reinstall your copies with FBI.

Relic1882

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well shit. I have otp.bin and <serialnumbers>_nand.bin stored on the pc. I never erased anything on the sd card. So there's no way to get my legit games back unless I update to 11.4 and redownload from the eshop?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well shit. I have otp.bin and <serialnumbers>_nand.bin stored on the pc. I never erased anything on the sd card. So there's no way to get my legit games back unless I update to 11.4 and redownload from the eshop?
Maybe. If you have the contents of your SD backed up or haven't formatted it. The games get installed to Nintendo 3DS folder. If you got rid of that, no. If you still have it, then if you restore your serial number nand.bin, it should go back to the way things were. Use Hourglass9. It'll make sure you keep a9lh and it's much easier to use than GodMode9. https://github.com/d0k3/Hourglass9/releases

Relic1882

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I use Hourglass to restore my nand backup that I have on the pc, the Luma3DS and a9lh will still be the way they were? I'd just have to start again at Section IV, Restoring the system?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I use Hourglass to restore my nand backup that I have on the pc, the Luma3DS and a9lh will still be the way they were? I'd just have to start again at Section IV, Restoring the system?
If it was the backup you made at the start of the Guide, then yes. The directions are a bit different. Name Hourglass9.bin with key combo or just press start on boot to bring up the payload menu and select it there. I think it's SysNAND backup/restore -> SysNAND restore (keep a9lh).

You'll have to reinject FBI and reinstall it. Once you got it setup, make another backup and keep it safe. Make a regular backup or one before you update in case you want to go back.

Relic1882

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna try it now. Be back in 10 minutes or so. Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it was the backup you made at the start of the Guide, then yes. The directions are a bit different. Name Hourglass9.bin with key combo or just press start on boot to bring up the payload menu and select it there. I think it's SysNAND backup/restore -> SysNAND restore (keep a9lh).

You'll have to reinject FBI and reinstall it. Once you got it setup, make another backup and keep it safe. Make a regular backup or one before you update in case you want to go back.

Does Hourglass have a different way of selecting the nand backup? When I run the SysNAND restore it just tells me no usable file found. Where should I be putting the nand file?

NVM. Put it in the root and it found it right away, Restoring as we speak. I hope it works. :)

Well, I did the backup but apparently those games are gone as are my saves. I don't care about the saves so much, but damn, there has to be a way to get my games back on there so I can play them online again.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Gonna try it now. Be back in 10 minutes or so. Thanks!

Does Hourglass have a different way of selecting the nand backup? When I run the SysNAND restore it just tells me no usable file found. Where should I be putting the nand file?

NVM. Put it in the root and it found it right away, Restoring as we speak. I hope it works. :)

Well, I did the backup but apparently those games are gone as are my saves. I don't care about the saves so much, but damn, there has to be a way to get my games back on there so I can play them online again.

Your games can't be gone if you haven't done anything to your SD card, such as formatting it before starting on the guide, or deleting the Nintendo 3DS folder inside it. Restoring the backup on Hourglass9 accomplishes nothing that Godmode9 doesn't do, other than being easier (in my opinion).

The only logical conclusion here is that your tickets weren't restored for some reason when you restored your backup. This means that the games are installed, but because you don't have the tickets it won't display them. You can easily install just the ticket onto your console by using an app called Tikshop. Alternatively, I think you can accomplish the same thing by going to the 3DS titlekey website, finding your game, clicking on it's QR code and scanning it with FBI's QR code function. If the games are installed but you're just missing the tickets, then simply installing the ticket with either method should bring them back. Just make sure you install the ticket from the same region as the one's you've bought. You can also get the url from that site for your freeShop to display all games available in the e-shop on your freeShop .. not just the games you own. The games are literally identical to the e-shop ones, and while it's technically piracy, Nintendo can't and won't be any wiser so you don't have to be afraid of getting banned or anything.

Your saves are stored on the SD card, so again they cannot be gone if you didn't format your SD card/delete N3DS folder during the process of hacking the console. How do you even know if they're gone if you don't have the games?

And lastly, even if the games are gone for one reason or another, installing the ticket with either method will allow you to download them from freeShop or eShop. If you get the update nag when attempting to play online, then you can use ctr-httpwn to play online (found in Homebrew Launcher.. Launch it, go back to main menu, launch your game).

Just know that there's no real reason to keep the console at 11.4 unless you're planning to play DS/GBA games on your console, as that seems to be the only thing that's broken in 11.4.

Last edited by Distrance,

Relic1882

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your games can't be gone if you haven't done anything to your SD card, such as formatting it before starting on the guide, or deleting the Nintendo 3DS folder inside it. Restoring the backup on Hourglass9 accomplishes nothing that Godmode9 doesn't do, other than being easier (in my opinion).

The only logical conclusion here is that your tickets weren't restored for some reason when you restored your backup. This means that the games are installed, but because you don't have the tickets it won't display them. You can easily install just the ticket onto your console by using an app called Tikshop. Alternatively, I think you can accomplish the same thing by going to the 3DS titlekey website, finding your game, clicking on it's QR code and scanning it with FBI's QR code function. If the games are installed but you're just missing the tickets, then simply installing the ticket with either method should bring them back. Just make sure you install the ticket from the same region as the one's you've bought. You can also get the url from that site for your freeShop to display all games available in the e-shop on your freeShop .. not just the games you own. The games are literally identical to the e-shop ones, and while it's technically piracy, Nintendo can't and won't be any wiser so you don't have to be afraid of getting banned or anything.

Your saves are stored on the SD card, so again they cannot be gone if you didn't format your SD card/delete N3DS folder during the process of hacking the console. How do you even know if they're gone if you don't have the games?

And lastly, even if the games are gone for one reason or another, installing the ticket with either method will allow you to download them from freeShop or eShop. If you get the update nag when attempting to play online, then you can use ctr-httpwn to play online (found in Homebrew Launcher.. Launch it, go back to main menu, launch your game).

Just know that there's no real reason to keep the console at 11.4 unless you're planning to play DS/GBA games on your console, as that seems to be the only thing that's broken in 11.4.

You have given me some hope! :) I had installed Monster Hunter Generations with freeshop last night to get it back. It's one of the games I bought. My saves still did not pick up though. However, I just did the QR code method you listed within FBI and it's redownloading it right now. Maybe it will work properly after this. I'm hoping. :) I put a lot of hours with my sons into it and it'd be nice to not have to start over. I'll let you know how it goes for me. I'll be busy until tonight. In-laws for Easter... the horror. Thanks again for the help guys!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You have given me some hope! :) I had installed Monster Hunter Generations with freeshop last night to get it back. It's one of the games I bought. My saves still did not pick up though. However, I just did the QR code method you listed within FBI and it's redownloading it right now. Maybe it will work properly after this. I'm hoping. :) I put a lot of hours with my sons into it and it'd be nice to not have to start over. I'll let you know how it goes for me. I'll be busy until tonight. In-laws for Easter... the horror. Thanks again for the help guys!

Downloading it with freeShop is no different than downloading it with FBI so I doubt it will work. There seems to be two choices:

The game you bought and the game you downloaded are from different regions

or

During the process of modding, you deleted Nintendo 3DS folder or formatted your SD card. Getting the games back is easy as you saw, but if the save files aren't on the SD card there isn't much you can do about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1