niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,

ill try to make it short as possible. I want to pirated games, I missed this generation while playing on PC and dont want to spend shitton of money on used games(it doesnt differ that much from pirating anyway, creator isnt getting money eitherway). So Im buying PS2 Slim that has FreeMcBoot already installed. Problem is I have no idea what Im supposed to do to actually play games. Can you link me some noob friendly guide how to play pirated games? Cause my guess is that even with FreeMcBoot on board its not gonna be so easy like I wish it was. I have a lot of usbs obviously, if usb cable is needed ill find one/get one. Thanks in advance.

Also simple question, can I play PS1 games on PS2?

Reactions: Margen67

caboyzcoti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can play ps1 games. playing backups of ps1 games is more difficult than playing ps2 backups but not particularly difficult either. get a fat ps2 so you can install a hard drive. and I'm pretty sure free mcboot is entirely on the memory card so swapping from ps2 to ps2 should be simple.

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ye but im already getting ps2 slim, i dont even have it yet, still bidding. there is no easy way of doing that on ps2 slim?

caboyzcoti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you may be able to use a hard drive with the slim but again more difficult as it doesn't have the bay and io port already. You have to use usb which I believe is only usb 1.1 or w/e so it's slower than reading a burnt disc. Don't quote me on that. Burning games should be pretty simple as well. I suggest checking out dash hacks and read everything twice.

MaskedRed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ye but im already getting ps2 slim, i dont even have it yet, still bidding. there is no easy way of doing that on ps2 slim?

You have 3 options basically, Patch the iso with ESR patcher and burn the game and pop it in and load it with ESR, load them up from the computer with OPL or load them up with Usbloader(the usb will have to have it's own power source because apparently the ps2 slim doesnt provide any power from usb slots)

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You have 3 options basically, Patch the iso with ESR patcher and burn the game and pop it in and load it with ESR, load them up from the computer with OPL or load them up with Usbloader(the usb will have to have it's own power source because apparently the ps2 slim doesnt provide any power from usb slots)

Can U link me some guide for that? Step by step, I know it may seem easy for You but I never pirated anything besides some games in early 2000s and those were on pc so i dont know how to deal with more complex process.

Thanks in advance

MaskedRed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, the best option for you would be to just burn the games, because Usb loading tends to be painfully slow and makes it pretty unplayable and the same goes for the PC method
ESR Method
1.Get your iso(i cant provide links to this so google it or make a backup of your original games)
2.Patch it with ESRDiscPatcher(drag the iso to the app)
3.Burn it at a 4X speed(it will be best to burn it with a good DVD-R like Verbatim, but you dont really need to,any DVD-R should work fine)
4.Put it in your PS2, it should automatically detect it and automatically load ESR if not, manually boot ESR(this is considering if ESR is in the Memory card already)
5. Hit Load Dvd and have fun

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To be honest, the best option for you would be to just burn the games, because Usb loading tends to be painfully slow and makes it pretty unplayable and the same goes for the PC method
ESR Method
1.Get your iso(i cant provide links to this so google it or make a backup of your original games)
2.Patch it with ESRDiscPatcher(drag the iso to the app)
3.Burn it at a 4X speed(it will be best to burn it with a good DVD-R like Verbatim, but you dont really need to,any DVD-R should work fine)
4.Put it in your PS2, it should automatically detect it and automatically load ESR if not, manually boot ESR(this is considering if ESR is in the Memory card already)
5. Hit Load Dvd and have fun

Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.