Hacking Found a little trick

senas8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought two switches. The bad news is that you can only have one console activated for that account.. that means to download a game and play it on your second account, you have to deactivate one of them. Well I found something interesting.

I deactivated one switch that I bought the game on, and activated the second switch. Downloaded the game, then deactivated that switch and activated the first switch. What I did not do is close the game in the deactivated switch, and now I can play both games at the same time. If you quit the game on the switch you deactivate it.. then you can't play it anymore! It will ask you to activate it. And as long as you don't quit the game your good. You can go back to the main menu, go into settings but just don't quit the game.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This^^^^^

This is sooo much needed. What if the switch storage dies? then there's 2-500 hours of zelda gone in a blink. Unless we can simply copy files to a micro sd? Or does it only allow to move?
I'm pretty confident we're going to get that feature after Reggie's comment.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This really isn't a trick. This is basically the same thing as installing a program, running it, and uninstalling the program. So long as the program is loaded in memory, it will still continue to function. Once you clean it out of memory, it will stop functioning.

senas8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really isn't a trick. This is basically the same thing as installing a program, running it, and uninstalling the program. So long as the program is loaded in memory, it will still continue to function. Once you clean it out of memory, it will stop functioning.
I agree but that's not what's happening here. The game doesn't uninstall. For example if ur playing fast rmx ... you beat a level then you go on to the next level. Game doesn't uninstall. I have still not closed the game.. and it's still working after all this time. Don't you think by now it would clear out of memory. I'm thinking more of the lisence has not been revoked until you close the game.

Last edited by senas8,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I agree but that's not what's happening here. The game doesn't uninstall. For example if ur playing fast rmx ... you beat a level then you go on to the next level. Game doesn't uninstall. I have still not closed the game.. and it's still working after all this time. Don't you think by now it would clear out of memory. I'm thinking more of the lisence has not been revoked until you close the game.
And under what I said, it would keep playing the entire game. You can technically play all of Animal Crossing off RAM on the gamecube.
But basically this is because the system isn't checking if you own the game as you are playing it. It only checks when you actually launch it. Once the game is launched, it's loaded the licence is already loaded, checked, and checks out on Nintendo's end. Once you close it and try again, it tells Nintendo that you no longer own this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended