JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a not64 forwarder they can share please. Thanks.
Wii64/Not64 don't normally work through forwarder channels, but I found this. Run the Wii64 one through Convert2vWii. Because they are unique forwarders, there is a small chance they won't work. It's something I hadn't considered. Worst case scenario it will freeze and you'll have to unplug your Wii U. If that happens, just boot back into vWii mode and uninstall the wad through whatever installer you used.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Full channels do. There's no known way to make forwarders work on both systems.

I was always under the impression that converted channels would still work on the normal Wii (didn't try it, tho). I couldn't find anything about the technical differences and just speculated that the ones created with the newer source files worked on both systems. What's the difference between a Wii forwarder and a vWii forwarder?

Thanks a ton for the update for Convert2vWii, btw! :)

Btw, Mastershoes forwarder collections seem to work on both systems. I installed his Wii forwarders on my vWii and they seem to work as they should (thanks for that vSNEEK guide, too!).

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you search on this same thread... I believe page 19... I added tons of forwarders which I uploaded in both formats... Wii and vWii.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you search on this same thread... I believe page 19... I added tons of forwarders which I uploaded in both formats... Wii and vWii.

Although I appreciate your work you are clearly stating on page 19 they are only compatible with vWii. ;) (Actually I was more interested in the technical differences between Wii and vWii forwarders.)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I was always under the impression that converted channels would still work on the normal Wii (didn't try it, tho). I couldn't find anything about the technical differences and just speculated that the ones created with the newer source files worked on both systems. What's the difference between a Wii forwarder and a vWii forwarder?
The difference is the NAND loader. FIX94 did all the real work that led to Convert2vWii. What my script does is unpack the wad, replace the NAND loader with the one FIX94 made, and pack it again. The latest version of the script obviously adds more features for compatibility, but a huge amount of credit still goes to FIX94.

Reactions: plyscho

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The difference is the NAND loader. FIX94 did all the real work that led to Convert2vWii. What my script does is unpack the wad, replace the NAND loader with the one FIX94 made, and pack it again. The latest version of the script obviously adds more features for compatibility, but a huge amount of credit still goes to FIX94.

Thanks for the info! :) Just got around to test the new version, it has a problem with spaces in it's path name. It will not produce any output files if there are spaces in the path name (eg. D:\Convert2vWii v1.2).

Extracting wad
Operation completed succesfully!
Packing wad
Invalid slot IOS:...
Done!

ERROR: Unable to open file: D:\Convert2vWii v1.2\WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1 vWii.wad
Press any key to exit...​

The old version didn't have the problem if I remember correctly.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! :) Just got around to test the new version, it has a problem with spaces in it's path name. It will not produce any output files if there are spaces in the path name (eg. D:\Convert2vWii v1.2).

Extracting wad
Operation completed succesfully!
Packing wad
Invalid slot IOS:...
Done!

ERROR: Unable to open file: D:\Convert2vWii v1.2\WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1 vWii.wad
Press any key to exit...​

The old version didn't have the problem if I remember correctly.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Edit: It's fixed. I just uploaded a new version.

Last edited by JoostinOnline,
Reactions: plyscho and asper

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Edit: It's fixed. I just uploaded a new version.

Thanks a lot, seems to work! No error messages anymore! :)

Btw, seems that the WiiMC+ forwarders I tried to convert come out almost bit identical to the Wii version. It only changed the timestamp value:

G:\Archiv\Nintendo Wii\Tools\vWii\Convert2vWii v1.3>fc "WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel
v1 vWii.wad" "WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1.wad"
Comparing files WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1 vWii.wad and WIIMC+ FORWARDER CHANNE
L V1.WAD
***** WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1 vWii.wad

TmStmp1475660998

***** WIIMC+ FORWARDER CHANNEL V1.WAD

TmStmp1338793070

G:\Archiv\Nintendo Wii\Tools\vWii\Convert2vWii v1.3>​

For the other wad I've tried it was the timestamp value and the ID (PLUS -> BLUS). Oh, and it replaced the beer ticket, whatever that thing does.

Those unconverted wads have always worked on the old Wii. I will try them (and the converted versions) again on SNEEK and vWii, maybe I did something wrong when I tried them first.

Last edited by plyscho,

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot, seems to work! No error messages anymore! :)

Btw, seems that the WiiMC+ forwarders I tried to convert come out almost bit identical to the Wii version. It only changed the timestamp value:

G:\Archiv\Nintendo Wii\Tools\vWii\Convert2vWii v1.3>fc "WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel
v1 vWii.wad" "WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1.wad"
Comparing files WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1 vWii.wad and WIIMC+ FORWARDER CHANNE
L V1.WAD
***** WiiMC+ Forwarder Channel v1 vWii.wad

TmStmp1475660998

***** WIIMC+ FORWARDER CHANNEL V1.WAD

TmStmp1338793070

G:\Archiv\Nintendo Wii\Tools\vWii\Convert2vWii v1.3>​

For the other wad I've tried it was the timestamp value and the ID (PLUS -> BLUS). Oh, and it replaced the beer ticket, whatever that thing does.

Those unconverted wads have always worked on the old Wii. I will try them (and the converted versions) again on SNEEK and vWii, maybe I did something wrong when I tried them first.
Lol, could you go 30 seconds without finding something I broke?

Joking of course. I've updated it again, and added you to the credits.

Reactions: plyscho

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol, could you go 30 seconds without finding something I broke?

Joking of course. I've updated it again, and added you to the credits.
Thanks for the credits, lol. You might be pleased that the new version has a new bug, too:

Extracting wad
'G:\Archiv\Nintendo' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Packing wad
The system cannot find the file specified.
Done!

Press any key to exit...

Putting all instances of %sharpiidir% into quotation marks did fix the problem. I tried to upload the fixed file, but it seems batch files are not allowed and I figured you'd probably do your own update.

The good thing is, the wad files it produces are about 100 kb smaller than the original ones, so they might actually have a different loader now. It looks like it finally produces output files that are different to the input files. In the past the vWii files always had the same size as the input files.

I will try the wads later on and maybe update the WiiMC+ bundle I've uploaded the other day.

Last edited by plyscho,

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the credits, lol. You might be pleased that the new version has a new bug, too:

Extracting wad
Packing wad
The system cannot find the file specified.
Done!

Press any key to exit...

Putting all instances of %sharpiidir% into quotation marks did fix the problem. I tried to upload the fixed file, but it seems batch files are not allowed and I figured you'd probably do your own update.

The good thing is, the wad files it produces are about 100 kb smaller than the original ones, so they might actually have a different loader now. It looks like it finally produces output files that are different to the input files. In the past the vWii files always had the same size as the input files.

I will try the wads later on and maybe update the WiiMC+ bundle I've uploaded the other day.
customize_your_own_glare_smiley_face_classic_round_sticker-r13f48edf342340198b3cfef9f116f5ab_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

Imma smack you. Every version has worked fine for me, but you find some way for it to not work on your system. Anyway, it's updated. I didn't bother changing the version.

Last edited by JoostinOnline,

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Imma smack you. Every version has worked fine for me, but you find some way for it to not work on your system. Anyway, it's updated. I didn't bother changing the version.

Sorry about that! I'm glad to report: Everything is working perfectly now, including those wads I couldn't convert with any of the earlier versions! Maybe nobody ever tried using it with spaces in the file path?

Anyways, thanks for making this possible: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiimc-v14h-complete-pack.442718/

Last edited by plyscho,

f2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have installed the Wiiflow forwarder, if i start the forwarder channel, it throws me back to the vwii main site.
I have all file on the USBHDD. What im doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol