Hardware Format 3DS v8.1.0-19U without Internet?

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I've fallen victim to the "An Error has Occurred" problem on my 3DS XL. I attempted pulling the back off and unplugging then replugging the Wi-Fi card, but my screws got stripped in the process. I know it can also be fixed by formatting the 3DS, so is there a way to format an 8.1 3DS without internet?

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I've fallen victim to the "An Error has Occurred" problem on my 3DS XL. I attempted pulling the back off and unplugging then replugging the Wi-Fi card, but my screws got stripped in the process. I know it can also be fixed by formatting the 3DS, so is there a way to format an 8.1 3DS without internet?

Format does not need internet UNLESS you have a NNID connected to the system. And even then, the wifi will not update your 3ds it will only need internet to check the nintendo servers to unlink the NNID from it. No need to open up your 3ds. And next time make sure to put good pressure downward then twist. And use the right size head for the screws. Once stripped it can be very tricky to remove them.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format does not need internet UNLESS you have a NNID connected to the system. And even then, the wifi will not update your 3ds it will only need internet to check the nintendo servers to unlink the NNID from it. No need to open up your 3ds. And next time make sure to put good pressure downward then twist. And use the right size head for the screws. Once stripped it can be very tricky to remove them.

The problem is, it's preowned and there's a NNID already. Am I screwed? You have to connect to Internet to sign in, so an alternative is the only way. Maybe I could have the NNID transferred to another 3DS?

Reactions: Ramtron

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The problem is, it's preowned and there's a NNID already. Am I screwed? You have to connect to Internet to sign in, so an alternative is the only way. Maybe I could have the NNID transferred to another 3DS?

You need to connect to Nintendo's servers to do a system transfer as well.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you can run rxTools, then I believe there is a way to remove the NNID by deleting a file from NAND.

Edit: Try this:
Delete these folders :
nand:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010032
nand:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010038
nand:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/0002009F
nand:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/000202C1
You will probably have to dump the NAND and the xorpads for it (using rxTools) to do that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you actually try a system format yet? If I remember correctly you do not need to have the password to unlink the NNID with a format. I might be wrong though.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you actually try a system format yet? If I remember correctly you do not need to have the password to unlink the NNID with a format. I might be wrong though.

I tried formatting, said I need to connect to Internet, which just gives me "The Screen"

If you can run rxTools, then I believe there is a way to remove the NNID by deleting a file from NAND.

Edit: Try this:

You will probably have to dump the NAND and the xorpads for it (using rxTools) to do that.

I don't have rxTools setup. Is there a way for me to set it up without Internet or any other game? I have a Gateway Card, but flashcards are blocked past 4.5 and you need a .CIA to fix that.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried formatting, said I need to connect to Internet, which just gives me "The Screen"

When you say "the screen" is it the popup asking for the NNID password? Or is it just saying you do not have wifi connection setup? I really do believe that it doesn't ask for the password. I recall seeing the popup of connecting to internet which is normal as the 3ds has to conenct to the server to tell it that you are unlinking the NNID from the console.

edit: I had to re-read your first post and are you saying that your wifi does not work properly which is why you need a workaround?

Last edited by Cavioe,

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say "the screen" is it the popup asking for the NNID password? Or is it just saying you do not have wifi connection setup? I really do believe that it doesn't ask for the password. I recall seeing the popup of connecting to internet which is normal as the 3ds has to conenct to the server to tell it that you are unlinking the NNID from the console.

edit: I had to re-read your first post and are you saying that your wifi does not work properly which is why you need a workaround?

Basically. The WiFi card needs to be unplugged and replugged, otherwise I get "an error has occurred". I can also fix it by formatting, but I'm currently in a dilly of a pickle.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have rxTools setup. Is there a way for me to set it up without Internet or any other game? I have a Gateway Card, but flashcards are blocked past 4.5 and you need a .CIA to fix that.

The only way I can think of right now is to have someone load the payload for NH1.1b on a cubic ninja cart for you 2ds firmware. Then you can run fbi and install the 6.x mset. From there you can then launch rxtools offline with the DS profile.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I can think of right now is to have someone load the payload for NH1.1b on a cubic ninja cart for you 2ds firmware. Then you can run fbi and install the 6.x mset. From there you can then launch rxtools offline with the DS profile.

Well that won't happen anytime soon since I know basically no one with Cubic Ninja. Is there a way to get Gateway Blue working without a .CIA? I could install rxTools 6.x MSET with that.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that won't happen anytime soon since I know basically no one with Cubic Ninja. Is there a way to get Gateway Blue working without a .CIA? I could install rxTools 6.x MSET with that.

No the GW blue won't work without the CIA. The r4i gold does work. But that won't help in your case as even if you install the mset you have to downgrade your system settings to 6.x first. And that is where the cubic ninja comes in so you can use FBI to downgrade it. Maybe some other person might know another way without internet but that is all I can think of right now.

Maybe @Ronhero might now another way as he is the testing guru from what I been reading.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
No the GW blue won't work without the CIA. The r4i gold does work. But that won't help in your case as even if you install the mset you have to downgrade your system settings to 6.x first. And that is where the cubic ninja comes in so you can use FBI to downgrade it. Maybe some other person might know another way without internet but that is all I can think of right now.

Maybe @Ronhero might now another way as he is the testing guru from what I been reading.

You can cart update to 9.0 - 9.2 and then use cubic ninja to run ninjahax 2.0 to be able to load d9 to convert h&s to FBI and then boot into cakes to install the web browser. Once installed downgrade though GW web exploit

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can cart update to 9.0 - 9.2 and then use cubic ninja to run ninjahax 2.0 to be able to load d9 to convert h&s to FBI and then boot into cakes to install the web browser. Once installed downgrade though GW web exploit

He has the web browser installed. His problem is different.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yea I misread the problem, I still don't see why OP can't goto starbucks to setup rxtools or downgrade to 4.x

He has some kind of weird problem with his internet connection on the console and for some reason that in unknown to me, he thought that it would get fixed by either disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi card or by formatting the console. So he tried to do the first one and only got stripped screws as a result from that. So afterwards, he tried to format the console but since it requires an internet connection (which is what he doesn't have due to the original problem) he also can't do that. So he asked here if there's some way to format the console without an internet connection. That's what I understood from it.

What I don't understand is what the actual original problem is with his internet connection and why it needed those kinds of solutions to be fixed.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has some kind of weird problem with his internet connection on the console and for some reason that in unknown to me, he thought that it would get fixed by either disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi card or by formatting the console. So he tried to do the first one and only got stripped screws as a result from that. So afterwards, he tried to format the console but since it requires an internet connection (which is what he doesn't have due to the original problem) he also can't do that. So he asked here if there's some way to format the console without an internet connection. That's what I understood from it.

What I don't understand is what the actual original problem is with his internet connection and why it needed those kinds of solutions to be fixed.

It's not a problem with my internet connection. It's the 3DS itself. When it attempts to connect to internet, it will give a black screen saying "An error has occurred." I've had this problem in the past with my 4.2 small O3DS and fixed it by turning off Wi-Fi and formatting. Since there's no way to format now without internet, I needed to try the Wi-Fi card workaround. While taking off the backing, I stripped my sccrews and now it's nearly impossible to take them out. With hardware fixes out of question, my options shifted to a software related fix. Now, I need to somehow find a way to:
1: Format without the use of internet,
2: Install rx without using internet to dump NAND and delete NNID files,
OR 3: Install Gateway without internet, downgrade, THEN format

If there are other solutions you may know of, please share!

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a problem with my internet connection. It's the 3DS itself. When it attempts to connect to internet, it will give a black screen saying "An error has occurred." I've had this problem in the past with my 4.2 small O3DS and fixed it by turning off Wi-Fi and formatting. Since there's no way to format now without internet, I needed to try the Wi-Fi card workaround. While taking off the backing, I stripped my sccrews and now it's nearly impossible to take them out. With hardware fixes out of question, my options shifted to a software related fix. Now, I need to somehow find a way to:
1: Format without the use of internet,
2: Install rx without using internet to dump NAND and delete NNID files,
OR 3: Install Gateway without internet, downgrade, THEN format

If there are other solutions you may know of, please share!

The only way for you is to get cubic ninja. You can find it for less than $30 now in the USA. It is money well spent even though all these other entry points are coming out. I find myself using cubic ninja still. But if you don't need it just sell it after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his...