Hacking Forcing 480p or 576p on PAL Wii Virtual Console games

JarrahWhite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a Lenkeng LKV6000 mini HDMI adapter for my PAL Wii, which upscales the picture to 720p or 1080p. The most use I get out of the Wii is Virtual Console titles. However, the adapter doesn't seem to accept 288p resolutions of the Virtual Console games. I've been using the Component AV Interlace mode to get around this, but it has been rather hit and miss. Games like Castlevania and Zelda 2 don't support this mode, my current solution for those is to swap out the HDMI with a SCART or AV cables.

But for the games that do support the interlace mode, some of them have interlacing artifacts. In 1080° Snowboarding has some very slight combing, but F-Zero on SNES is just a mess of combing artifacts. In fact, I've turned the Interlace Mode off, but F-Zero only seems to output at 576i. It looks horrendous.

Is there anyway to force these games into 480p or 576p or at least linedouble the output to get around this issue?

Last edited by JarrahWhite,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Lenkeng LKV6000 mini HDMI adapter for my PAL Wii, which upscales the picture to 720p or 1080p. The most use I get out of the Wii is Virtual Console titles. However, the adapter doesn't seem to accept 288p resolutions of the Virtual Console games. I've been using the Component AV Interlace mode to get around this, but it has been rather hit and miss. Games like Castlevania and Zelda 2 don't support this mode, my current solution for those is to swap out the HDMI with a SCART or AV cables.

But for the games that do support the interlace mode, some of them have interlacing artifacts. In 1080° Snowboarding has some very slight combing, but F-Zero on SNES is just a mess of combing artifacts. In fact, I've turned the Interlace Mode off, but F-Zero only seems to output at 576i. It looks horrendous.

Is there anyway to force these games into 480p or 576p or at least linedouble the output to get around this issue?
First off, how much are you willing to spend to fix this? I'll gauge a few solutions from there.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

JarrahWhite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First off, how much are you willing to spend to fix this? I'll gauge a few solutions from there.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Well, I'm currently saving up for an UltraHDMI for my N64. Those seem to fetch nearly $200AU. The Framemeister's price was never a deal breaker for me - my deal breaker with the Framemeister was its dropouts during resolution changes, a characteristic of most of my favourite PS1 games.

Last edited by JarrahWhite,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun