Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TBH threads like these scare me. Mocking SJWs is pretty silly because literally all of the examples used are extremists and as someone quite delved into Tumblr who's been there for years I've literally NEVER seen anyone that unreasonable, save for the piss obvious joke blog (those are many, and yeah, that pizza thing? It's a joke.)

Anyway back to why it scares me, I myself am an Arabic trans man with mental illness (no I'm not self-diagnosed, that's stuff's bull****, I have a psych and a therapist I see twice a week) and I find that my lack of (dare I say the word!) privilege makes being in certain circumstances pretty unsafe (e.g. where I am I may legally be sentenced to death for my being trans if the police find out, I frequently get demeaning comments bc of my race/appearance, etc.) and from my PoV Tumblr's kinda the only place that doesn't really give a shit. To have one of my favourite sites piss all over it irks me (understandably.)

Plus all the posts you make fun of aren't even made by ""Tumblr SJWs"", it's made by folks the same as you who make fun of Tumblr with parody posts. In my 5 years of being on Tumblr I've never been told off for being straight or male lol

sorry if I hijacked what was meant to be a humorous thread

Last edited by Lucifer666,
Reactions: Deleted User

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and from my PoV Tumblr's kinda the only place that doesn't really give a shit. To have one of my favourite sites piss all over it irks me (understandably.)

I fear you are misinterpreting the thread. I doubt anybody here cares what genitals you wish to fumble (assuming the other party can consent, though consent is perhaps warranting a good definition, or at least for the legal definition to be the baseline again), whether they are the same as the ones you were born with, the ones you feel you would like to have or have since had created or indeed if you do not wish to fumble genitals at all. Statistically, sociologically and biologically there are things that can be said about those with various skin colours or genitals, also statistically though generalisation would be a stupid idea for if no other reason than your statistics are probably still a bell curve. On religion, there is a reason it makes for so much good comedy but frankly if you are not hurting anybody in the practice of it then nobody really cares unless you are trying to sell someone else on it.
Mental illness sucks, me and mine have variously worked in fields supporting those with them for years and I have seen a lot of it. I hope you get yours managed and if it is one of the ones that can be sorted then it gets sorted without dragging things down for all concerned. Likewise not having fully working limbs and senses is perhaps not the best, it can lead to some interesting things for some and some may even enjoy it and not wish to "fix" things, see various parts of deaf culture, but that is perhaps a different discussion.
If anybody is attacking you for the things now mentioned then they are not welcome here, if you thought otherwise then you thought wrong.

By and large though are you here to play games, discuss games, hack games and hack consoles and give or take some occasional silliness then post with the "if you are going to post then make the internet a better place, even if only fractionally" concept in mind then nobody gives a fuck about the stuff in the section above.
Some consider this the removal/ablation of the self, or being as the internet is somewhat anonymous then the embracing of that, or if you prefer to kick it a bit more old school then mentor's last words http://dip.sun.ac.za/~henri/mentor.html . Some might consider that bad, personally I would consider those that do to be wrong as it is the horrible legacy of telling kids they are special* when statistics would say otherwise, and if you do then reasoned arguments in the relevant location. tumblr and its ilk seem to embrace a different philosophy ("I'm special, I just have to figure out how") and the figuring out how part frequently leads to some amusing things, some horrific things (they do eat their own), some horribly illogical things and some downright bizarre things. This thread is here to document a few of them and laugh at some more.

*or to utilise the words of my father "if every cunt is special then no cunt is".

Life is better when you are living it, aim for that. The previous line is probably the extent or executive summary of the help with feelings and such like that most of the internet, this place included, can provide. Being as that is a very short concept without much room for interpretation it is usually assumed and goes unstated, perhaps it could stand to be stated more (you say mental illness is a thing you experience, no doubt you are then aware of how illogical certain things your mind leaps to are but it probably helps a lot to have someone say this and run through why a few times a week) but hey.
If you want help with some kind of games discussion, science, engineering, device repair, device mod, device hack or light literary/media criticism then there is more to discuss.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TBH threads like these scare me. Mocking SJWs is pretty silly because literally all of the examples used are extremists and as someone quite delved into Tumblr who's been there for years I've literally NEVER seen anyone that unreasonable, save for the piss obvious joke blog (those are many, and yeah, that pizza thing? It's a joke.)

Anyway back to why it scares me, I myself am an Arabic trans man with mental illness (no I'm not self-diagnosed, that's stuff's bull****, I have a psych and a therapist I see twice a week) and I find that my lack of (dare I say the word!) privilege makes being in certain circumstances pretty unsafe (e.g. where I am I may legally be sentenced to death for my being trans if the police find out, I frequently get demeaning comments bc of my race/appearance, etc.) and from my PoV Tumblr's kinda the only place that doesn't really give a shit. To have one of my favourite sites piss all over it irks me (understandably.)

Plus all the posts you make fun of aren't even made by ""Tumblr SJWs"", it's made by folks the same as you who make fun of Tumblr with parody posts. In my 5 years of being on Tumblr I've never been told off for being straight or male lol

Thing is: SJWs are the extremists of the SJ movement.

I believe, or let me better say hope, that no one in this thread is against people who have non mainstream traits or in other words are abnormal (edit: i'm quite abnormal as well and fucking proud of it).
I hope no one here thinks homosexuality, transgenderism, etc. is a disease that ought to be cured (if so you might check your calendars, it's 2015, not 1520).

But if someone touts fundamentalist extremist bullshit they have given away every right not to be ridiculed.

"Teach boys not to rape" is the same as "Teach Muslims to blow no one up": both statements are bullshit.

"Punch up, not down" and "Prejudice plus Power" are not equality, they are bigoted revenge.

See for example (sorry if it has been posted in the thread already).

That's what this thread is about: pointing out the inconsistent double standard hypocrisy of extremist SJ enthusiasts.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
3d44cj4.jpg

I'm glad that women are still encouraged to stare at, harass and grope male passengers, especially while masturbating.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unwanted conversation on a metro/underground train? By and large I find anybody that starts a conversation on a train is second only to those that would start a conversation in a public toilet, if only because on a train it is acceptable to talk to your friends or on a phone when on a train.

Anyway now I want to find one of those to graffiti up and add "eye contact" on that convenient space on the bottom left. Look how fitting it is
subway.jpg

Reactions: BORTZ

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
whoa halt ho brrr fellas, this is most likely not official (either meant as a funny hoax or an avantgarde "womyn are suppressed yo" project).

Does this mean I can masturbate on the plane if there aren't any female passengers around?
a) Don't forget to ask everyone if they identify as female first (misgendering is evil).
b) Take care not to produce more than 100ml of liquid, terrorism n stuff.

Reactions: Deleted User

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
whoa halt ho brrr fellas, this is most likely not official (either meant as a funny hoax or an avantgarde "womyn are suppressed yo" project).
Just because it's stupid doesn't mean that it's not official - after the "Stop the Spread" campaign I wouldn't put kowtowing to feminazis past the Metro.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just because it's stupid doesn't mean that it's not official - after the "Stop the Spread" campaign I wouldn't put kowtowing to feminazis past the Metro.

True, but as I was only able to dig up other "stupid feminazis" style posts (the one on mmo-champion is quite lulzy) yet no official reporting (press, LA Metro themselves) or a bigger outcry (blogs from all sides) I'm calling this as not real/official. Can't be 100% sure of course.

I say this is Poe's law to the max.

Still funny, though

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"If you do not listen to her your event will be shut down now!"
"WE ARE REASONABLE!!!"
"STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND LET HER SPEAK!!!!!11oneeleven"

I admit, I skipped a few lessons in my rhetoric class, but I don't think that those expressions evoke much empathy in the majority of listeners...

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
While I don't want to start a #blm vs #alm debate, do I just don't get it or is the following picture (which happens to make it rounds atm) logically wrong?
s7nhRO6.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and now for something slightly different
http://onemillionmoms.com/current-campaigns/urge-playtex-to-pull-sponsorship-from-becoming-us/

strong_original_research_7.jpg

I ended up on the site because they were protesting about a new TV show called Impastor (about a person that impersonates a pastor) "mocking" Christianity, more http://onemillionmoms.com/current-c...-to-mock-christianity-with-new-show-impastor/

Way to preach tolerance, acceptance and love of your fellow (wo?)man.

Low hanging fruit perhaps but I found it amusing none the less.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
and now for something slightly different
http://onemillionmoms.com/current-campaigns/urge-playtex-to-pull-sponsorship-from-becoming-us/

View attachment 23432

I ended up on the site because they were protesting about a new TV show called Impastor (about a person that impersonates a pastor) "mocking" Christianity, more http://onemillionmoms.com/current-c...-to-mock-christianity-with-new-show-impastor/

Way to preach tolerance, acceptance and love of your fellow (wo?)man.

Low hanging fruit perhaps but I found it amusing none the less.
Mocking religion is never right, but neither is righteous indignation, so I suppose both parties are in the wrong here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not see religion as safe from being mocked, or indeed even how it could be. Also having now just watched the first episode of the show in question it is about as mocking as sister act (and borrowing no small number pages from the playbook).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do not see religion as safe from being mocked, or indeed even how it could be. Also having now just watched the first episode of the show in question it is about as mocking as sister act (and borrowing no small number pages from the playbook).
Religion is not above reproach and can be criticized, but mocking it equals mocking its believers and their system of morality, which can be considered hateful. Mocking someone's religion is a lot like mocking their skin colour or nationality, it's a mockery of someone's identity. If black face is offensive, so should be mocking religion. This is not to say that there's no place for humour here, what I'm saying is that the act shouldn't be toxic or hateful. I've never seen the show so I don't have an educated opinion - if it's done tastefully then I'm all for a dose of humour in all aspects of life, but I stress this, humour, not hate and vitriol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk