Not open for further replies.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I do recall the earlier picture in this thread but I had no idea avoiding betty swollocks was behaviour so offensive as to warrant a piece in the daily heil,

Anyway as we have not seen misplaced outrage, and courtesy of 2014 wipe it was on my mind...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In yet another addition of You Just Can't Win...

yuPDxu0.png

So failing to mention trans people is "erasing them" but now going out of your way to include trans people is also bad. Apparently, we perpetually exist in a state where we both distinguish them and not distinguish them or be labelled transphobic (I'd say "transmisogynistic," but doesn't that exclude trans men?).

I never knew I was Schrodinger's Bigot.

2JKuEUa.jpg

I guess there's more to chicken gains than I realized.

Reactions: chavosaur

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So failing to mention trans people is "erasing them" but now going out of your way to include trans people is also bad. Apparently, we perpetually exist in a state where we both distinguish them and not distinguish them or be labelled transphobic (I'd say "transmisogynistic," but doesn't that exclude trans men?).
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, AKA screwed coming and going.

@profaned_dork, not even bismuth has that many edges . jpg ;O; I tip my fedora as my unshaved chins wobble in mirth, my good sir.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the life cost of meat

I once saw a phrase along the lines of "save a tree, eat a beaver" and that is logic I can get behind. By this logic the one cow that feeds my family of four for some time is but one life claimed, the amount of potatoes, vegetables and plants in general that need to get nibbled to obtain sufficient nutrition* is definitely more than that. Now there would be those that point at things like needing so many acres of farmland to produce one cow and inefficiencies during that chain, however I prefer to look at it as eating that one cow instead saves so many more.

*it need not be pointed out that some of those that this topic concerns have... creative interpretations of proper nutrition.

In yet another addition of You Just Can't Win...

yuPDxu0.png

I never knew I was Schrodinger's Bigot.

Quantum superposition?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And on another note... Now PCGamer is offended by the "PC Master Race" joke.

I obviously realize that no one is actually saying that PC gamers are the preferred people of Hitler. That’s absurd, and it’s supposed to be absurd. It’s a joke. It just isn’t a joke worth keeping around at the expense of making people uncomfortable about the hobby we're supposed to be promoting—and, selfishly, I’d rather not look like a tasteless jackass. I’d be mortified if my friends and family thought I were part of something called the “PC Master Race.”

This isn’t a plea for political correctness—not associating oneself with Nazi pastiches is just good living. It’s fun to treat our hobby like a club and build camaraderie, but I don’t think a reference to white supremacy is going to encourage club membership.

MoMKVci.gif

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

I observed something and I'm going to shoehorn false claims about what I observed doing something that offends me when really I'm just looking for shit to complain about to get attention and to make something about me.

Berta Joykill, Feminist, demander of the impossible "perfect" non offensive world.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I observed something and I'm going to shoehorn false claims about what I observed doing something that offends me when really I'm just looking for shit to complain about to get attention and to make something about me.

Berta Joykill, Feminist, demander of the impossible "perfect" non offensive world.

which is even mnore ironic considering Katniss's character devolves into an atypical female with dependency issues and PTSD, ESPECIALLY when you see her portrayal in the movies.

But no shes female and has a bow, so obviously shes strong and don't need to man... besides peeta... and that other guy... and... yea...

Reactions: Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
which is even mnore ironic considering Katniss's character devolves into an atypical female with dependency issues and PTSD, ESPECIALLY when you see her portrayal in the movies.

But no shes female and has a bow, so obviously shes strong and don't need to man... besides peeta... and that other guy... and... yea...

Hence the shoehorning part, 90% of these people's claims are bullshit observations to try to brainwash people into believing something that isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning