Hacking Followed ModMii - Still can't load games off HDD - DSI errors

omargawsh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have tried troubleshooting various problems, and I think I haven't gotten the closest to getting it to work so far, but I just need some extra help and hopefully we can get it figured out.

Initially (following this tutorial), I tried installing USB Loader GX, moved a game using WiiBackupManager over to my NTFS formatted 2TB Toshiba Canvio Connect drive (there is no info on it on the compatibility list) and it was telling me it could not locate the hard drive. I have tried formatting it to FAT32, re-installing cIOS's and trying USBLoader GX again (following this tutorial), and re-reinstalling cIOS's again. I was getting DSI errors and I would have to manually shut off my wii when it was crashing every time I tried opening a usb loader and it also was not even detecting my HDD.

Finally I looked into ModMii and followed the first tutorial, and the usb loader tutorial which added the "USB Loader" channel. Following the tutorial I set up a FAT32 partition (which was to be used with the wii) and a NTFS partition that I could use for other things. Now I get the errors less frequently and I am able to open up pretty much every usb loader which was previously crashing (including USB Loader GX, wiiflow and NeoGamma).

Now my HDD is being detected because it can show the partitions I have set up on the drive (with wiiflow and usb loader gx, not with the USB Loader channel ModMii installed, it still says "Please Connect a USB Drive"), but it is not detecting any games. I am almost 100% positive I have installed the games onto the drive correctly with WiiBackupManager, so I am very confused and frustrated because I just dropped $100 on a hard drive I can't use the way I wanted to. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/