FMiG - Funny Moments in Games

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't screenshot it but the last situation I recall was when playing red alert 2. At one mission, you've got Tanya and a few spies attempting to reach some objective. If you go off the path a bit, you have this semi-sidequest where you can free a couple cows from the barn by blowing up some barrels. And for some reason, you can control those cows. And since they're not considered enemies by the AI, I just used them to scout the enemy base and block the entrance. :P

Seriously? I sort of remember that scene and while it fleshed out the characters a bit, I thought it was more a puberal kind of humor. I mean...doesn't every sitcom on the planet has this sort of conversation where one (usually the male) assumes something sexual and the entire conversation throws off every (to be misunderstood) euphemism that the other person OBVIOUSLY doesn't get while the first person almost dies of embarrasment. It usually involves things getting wet or hard. I dunno...perhaps I've outgrown that phase...perhaps it's Japanese beating that drum a bit TOO much (try out series like chobits...or worse: Golden boy...it's pretty much their main 'thing'). But it was more a 'meh' to me. :unsure:
Siege defense of the new age: COWS!!!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, I remember that one... It was actually quite funny, specially because it came out of nowhere.
It was like, am I still playing the game? Wait, did I just load a 999 fanfic into my DS? Wut?

Also, not really apt for a screenshot, but this should get at least a video sequence.

PS: goint to heaven is a japanese slang for "to come".

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: VinsCool

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't screenshot it but the last situation I recall was when playing red alert 2. At one mission, you've got Tanya and a few spies attempting to reach some objective. If you go off the path a bit, you have this semi-sidequest where you can free a couple cows from the barn by blowing up some barrels. And for some reason, you can control those cows. And since they're not considered enemies by the AI, I just used them to scout the enemy base and block the entrance. :P

Seriously? I sort of remember that scene and while it fleshed out the characters a bit, I thought it was more a puberal kind of humor. I mean...doesn't every sitcom on the planet has this sort of conversation where one (usually the male) assumes something sexual and the entire conversation throws off every (to be misunderstood) euphemism that the other person OBVIOUSLY doesn't get while the first person almost dies of embarrasment. It usually involves things getting wet or hard. I dunno...perhaps I've outgrown that phase...perhaps it's Japanese beating that drum a bit TOO much (try out series like chobits...or worse: Golden boy...it's pretty much their main 'thing'). But it was more a 'meh' to me. :unsure:
It doesn't often happen in video games though - and in something so serious

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Siege defense of the new age: COWS!!!
That kind of reminds me of another game: rise of nations. RoN is basically age of empires on crack: you start out in the stone age but by sending out workers that gather stuff, you can upgrade through about five or six ages (up to a futuristic one). Attack rushes are rather limited by a 'territory' kind of way: with each age and some upgrades, you increase your territory or lessen the damage you suffer for being outside of your territory.

The AI isn't bad, but the hilarious part of a skirmish game is that if you upgrade fast enough, you can literally have fights of tanks and airplanes against horsemen and people with spears.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some more funny moments...

An embarrassing one: in Unreal Tournament (UT99), the last boss (Xan) is pretty hard. VERY hard, even. And because the level (hyperblast) has no dead ends and his aim is 110%, you better keep moving, stock up on ammo and health, and spam behind you as much as possible.
During this fight, at one time, he disappeared. It took me entire minutes before I noticed (mind you, this is the sort of FPS where seconds matter a lot) because I was too busy running around. But after I realised he wasn't around, it got worse. At this point I was about half an hour in (and got beaten two or three times already), so this was TENSE! So checking every possible nook and cranny was even worse. I even managed to suicide into space at one point (and I swear I wasn't bad...I was just so freakin' nervous). I finally found him AI-stuck behind two barrels (probably from the last fight that ended up with him not being dead)...and jumped back in a jumpscare reflex to get out of aim's way...
...which caused the rockets I had loaded up to bounce back from the wall onto me. :shy:

The story of my best frag in UT2004 was also pretty funny (as aknowledged by everyone in the server, so it's not self-pandering). But first you have to understand the starting weapons: you have a shieldgun that either shields you or which you can use to charge and instant-kill someone who is directly next to you (which doesn't happen often in this kind of game). The other starting weapon is a weapon that shoots inaccurate pew-pew-pew bullets or throws grenades that never hit anyone. Offline it's just a matter of setting the shieldgun as the priority weapon to respawn with that in hand. Online, that never worked for some reason, so I had the habit of immediately switching, drilling and either running to a weapon or having the vague hope of hitting someone (that rarely worked, but was more successful than it may sound because nobody expected it).
So there I was fragging around with my friends. I just got killed and respawn almost directly next to my killer. Obviously he goes directly against me. I immediately held down alt fire to set up my shieldgun...except that it wasn't the shieldgun but the grenade lobbing fire from that pea-shooter weapon. I realise the mistake and let go. It obviously misses him (I told you there's no way to properly aim...besides: it's not damaging enough to kill someone either). I switch to the shieldgun and he moves in on me. So in a last ditch effort I start charging. The hard part is that this takes 2-3 seconds to fully charge (before that, you just bounce the other one back), and you usually don't have that kind of time in these kind of games. And this was what happens: we run into each other and I have nowhere don enough damage to kill him. So he got pushed back...directly on top of that grenade I tossed earlier. :P

One that became a classic game later on, but was at that time so new that I barely realised it had comedy in it: monkey island. Since I was young at that time, solving puzzles wasn't so much a matter of overthinking things but rather trying out everything against everything. So when I ended up with a rubber chicken and used it on a cable on a river, I never expected it to WORK...but it did: Guybrush just crossed the water by using that rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle. I instantly loved the game from that moment on (especially because that rubber chicken became sort of a running gag in the conversations ("Do you have a sword?" "No...but I do have this rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle!" "yeah, that chicken can be really dangerous if you hit someone in the eye with it...BUT IT'S NOT A SWORD!!!").

Oh, and fallout (2?) has a random encounter where you encounter a strange person next to a bridge over a chasm, who will ask you some weird questions. Being familiar with Monty Python, I immediately knew how to deal with the situation. I estimated the outcome correct, but that doesn't make it any less hilarious. :rofl2:
in the holy grail movie, king Arthur loses a couple of his men because they get asked questions to which they don't know the answer...they immediately get thrown in the pit. When it's Arthurs turn, he replies to a question about a swallow by asking what kind of swallow. The quizmaster doesn't know...and is immediately killed himself.

Last edited by Taleweaver,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, another one from Dual Destinies:
gm7AqcA.png

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Funniest Moment I've ever experienced in a game. I wasn't expecting this when I played this game.
Creators are a comedic genius. The use of voice and dialogue really makes this a great comedy. Good job creators.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh...I think I still have a "screenshot" at home from playing the saboteur boardgame (which is, technically, a game ;) ).

Saboteur is a game where each player gets a few square tiles (and draws more as you lay them). You're all a bunch of dwarves digging for gold. this gold is on three hidden plates on one side of the table; the players start on the other side (all on the same tile). The 'digging' is done by laying tiles in the direction. As you don't know what you draw, you can't always lay in the exact direction of the potential gold. And because most of the gold goes to the one who finally bridges the connection, a 'small detour' might also help. But most of all: there are 'hidden' saboteurs in the team (no, really! The game is called saboteur :P ). these get points for NOT reaching the gold.
So the game is pretty basic. If I recall correctly, we had five players, which meant two saboteurs. I was one of those. But rather than playing sneaky ('no, really...I can only lay this way'), I decided to fully reveal myself and put a tile that went directly the other way (there weren't any forks yet, so this threw off everyone).
The funny part started around that same time: rather than the majority attempting to get back to the gold, it became a race to get as far from the gold as possible. it instantly became impossible to say who the saboteurs were, as EVERYONE put their tiles away from the gold. Okay...not everyone: there was one guy who acted like this was serious business* and attempted to get the route back in the direction of the gold. He was immediately thwarted by sabotaged lights, a broken pickaxe and/or the other things the game contained.
In the end, we were just so far off target that it would've been better not to have moved at all (and we had to move the tiles because the table wasn't long enough). But everyone was just in tears of laughter. :rofl2:
(my then-girlfriend was one of the "unofficial" saboteurs...she had decided to just go along with the flow. It was one of my best memories of her :P ).

*he knew what was going on as well...but you have to have someone to play the game serious to make it hilarious when things get totally out of whack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality