Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

FlashMe v8 released

Yes, really!

olimar has released a new version of the FlashMe firmware replacement. This new version brings a few fixes to the table, and a new variant that stops the auto-booting of slot 2 adapters has also been introduced. Beware if you own a DSLink though, as the MK1/2 booting routines that the DSLink uses to boot have been removed in this version. Here's the changes:
olimar said:
holy crap, it's a flashme update. about damn time...

Changes:

- Added audio cues to tell you when it's flashing.

- Removed MK2/3 booting code, because it was causing problems.

- Noflashme updated to fix issues with DS Lite.

- Made a "no autoboot" version that won't boot SLOT-2 unless A,B,X,Y are held.

Edit: It seems the page has just been updated with v8a. This minor update allows the recovery code to boot from both slot-1 and slot-2 carts (slot-1 is checked first), and changes the recovery key combo to START+SELECT. Also, the no-autoboot version now boots from slot-2 when SELECT is held (instead of A+B+X+Y).

download.gif
Download at Home page

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh sure now it comes out, after I unflashed my DS the other day to get rid of the autoboot
tongue.gif

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have an R4, so I don't need flashme. Does this version have something useful for me?

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an R4, so I don't need flashme. Does this version have something useful for me?

Only the recover feature I guess, in case you run something that bricks your DS, though I must say that I've never needed to use it to recover my ds for over 2 years now running all sorts of home brew and stuff..

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is useful if you want to be able to play download play from pirated games but don't want the slot 2 autoboot feature.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoa...I just did this, and was going to get my dad to watch the screen while I made the short...But when I hit X B X B it started flashing by itself. I didn't even need to short it? I suppose if you already flashed it once with flashme you dont need to short it again for the updates?

Weird...

Also, it does make a little 'ding' every percent it goes up, so you no longer even need to look at the screen! Pretty nifty. So far no problems, but then again, it doesn't really do much because I only own a M3 DS Simply...

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, yay I guess. There was already a small mod to flashme to make it not autoboot slot-2 that Lick made so this update isn't too great. Saw it on GBAdev, but I haven't tried it yet since I'm still using Slot-2 cards. I'll go find the thread...

I foundz it

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
well i bricked my ds using this, weird i started it and it said percentage was 66% and then i shorted it and now it wont work

*edit nevermind

They really should put in the readme if you short it when updating from Flashme 7 and try using recovery mode it wont work. You must power on and hold x+y+b+a

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those who have upgraded to the v8 which one did you use? as there are multible ones on the site
there is one labeled Original version, will this version be the one that you will have to hold A B X Y when power on to goto slot 2 flashcart. because I see further down
No autoboot (stealth) : "PASS" check is removed. SLOT-2 is only booted when A,B,X,Y are held.
so is original version same as v7? as in if slot 1 and slot 2 carts are inserted it will boot to slot 2?

skydoune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great, just when I flashed both my ds this morning... do I have to do something special to update them, "recovery mode"? or do I flash them like I normally would have like when they had an original firmware? One phat one lite.

D

Deleted User

On both the phat and the lite DS's I just upgraded the flashme on, they started from 66% and needed to bridge the thingiemajig so yeah you still need to brige, just for a shorter ammount of time.
happy.gif

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so I upgrade it, even though I don't have to.....
and my dsphat doesn't need bridging but the DSL does.
madness
edit: also, 66% doesn't brick your DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk