Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, FlashMe noob here. I've noticed that I can't send a wireless signal out to other DS's from DS Roms. I'm using a PassCard 3. If I install FlashMe, what advantages do I get over a PassCard 3. Can I broadcast normally again?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
No actually, it's the receiver's DS that needs to be flashed, not the senders.
OR, get a DS-Xtreme. You can use download play perfectly with it, no need to flash.

GexX2

Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks. So it goes, FlashMe - > FlashMe DL Play = WORKS, Flashme - > UnFlashed = Fails. What about Unflashed to Flashed? And do all Slot 1 devices fully support download play broadcasting? Or just DS-X? Cuz DS-X is pricey. :\ And I just bought a G6 Lite D:

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unflashed to flashed will work. Not all slot 1 devices fully support download play accordingly. Your best best is flashing with the g6 lite you just purchased. If you're going to use the g6 lite to flash however, excercise some caution and preparation because you cannot access recovery mode with a g6...though I've now flashed 7 ds lites now with a g6 and have never had to use the recovery mode once.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nonflashed to nonflashed = works
flashed to flashed = works
nonflashed to flashed = works
flashed to nonflashed = doesnt work with all games

GexX2

Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so Download play with Roms is pretty much out of the question in a slot 2 solution? If the rom patcher stuff is true, couldn't flashkit patch software be upgraded with the option to keep RSA Keys intact?

drfreeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So what about flashed to nonflashed+PassKey? Both with SuperCard inserted
wink.gif
?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so Download play with Roms is pretty much out of the question in a slot 2 solution? If the rom patcher stuff is true, couldn't flashkit patch software be upgraded with the option to keep RSA Keys intact?

Install FlashMe onto the receiver. It is the solution that works almost every time.

So what about flashed to nonflashed+PassKey? Both with SuperCard inserted
wink.gif
?

How does the PassKey suddenly affect Download Play? Then again, if both have a SC, why not play multicard multiplayer?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted non-flashed with PassKey2 (DS Lite) to flashed (DS) before and with certain games it doesn't work. The most recent example I can think of is Clubhouse Games.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted non-flashed with PassKey2 (DS Lite) to flashed (DS) before and with certain games it doesn't work. The most recent example I can think of is Clubhouse Games.

I've never claimed 100% compatibility. In fact I have heard reports of some games not working. But the highest compatibility has to come with the receiving DS being flashed. Should be ok with over 95% of the games.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted non-flashed with PassKey2 (DS Lite) to flashed (DS) before and with certain games it doesn't work. The most recent example I can think of is Clubhouse Games.

I've never claimed 100% compatibility. In fact I have heard reports of some games not working. But the highest compatibility has to come with the receiving DS being flashed. Should be ok with over 95% of the games.

Soft Reset also is the biggest killer of Download Play.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Sometimes I feel like only me and you support flashing these days. Everyone's looking for a reason not to flash when it's easier than breathing air (ok maybe not that easy, easier than breathing air during a cold =P)

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the information on soft resets ruining download play, I hadn't heard that before, I'll try re-patching it to see if that helps. As for not flashing my DS Lite, I just have bad luck when doing these things so I'm worried about being able to insulate it properly. I'm going to be getting a new cart soon anyway, so I'm probably just going to get a slot 1 card anyway, probably the DS-X, since I have the original M3 SD which sticks out a ton from my new Lite.

Edit: Tried it this time with No Trim, No Soft Reset, and Normal mode on the M3 SD, so I'll have to try that for any other game I find that doesn't work, again, thanks for pointing that out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night