FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am getting a XBOX 360 console. It is not completely hacked I heard. All I know is it is flashed and it is able to go live and play burned games.

I am wondering if it has any other features such as cheats? I am a cheater and I was hoping it did but if not its still ok just wondering. Help me out here im a xbox nub.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am a newbie so you should dumb that down for me to understand.
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"All I know is it is flashed and it is able to go live and play burned games."

Normally that is enough but microsoft did something very unexpected and released an update that unflashed drives and although you can flash again we are waiting on a new update for it to be considered safe (as it gets anyway) for use on xbox live for most of the drive versions.

There are more extensive hacks available for JTAG machines but MS stepped on the method to make one (back in August 2009) so unless you are buying a JTAG machine there is little point.

ISO modding.... this was mainly done for call of duty stuff. Here you would trick the 360 into installing modded content by swapping the disc out or some other means, it allows little and there are other better ways to do things so it was not taken far. I tend to steer clear of online and call of duty so I am not entirely sure what goes here but there was a big thread a few days back in the 360 hacking section on the matter.

Pretty much anybody with a 360 can do the following stuff as well (even someone with an entirely stock 360).
You also have the hard drive and USB stuff- some DLC content comes in PIRS format (mainly stuff from game of the year editions, expansion packs and such like although not all GOTY editions do it this way- some have download codes and some are made into standalone games or wound tight into it).

Here you can either access the hard drive (various methods including using a JTAG machine for the transfer, disassembling the drive and hooking it up before using a program like xplorer360, getting a transfer kit and modding that, modding a dead 360 and getting an actual tool) or since MS added USB support you can grab something like XTAF and inject the content onto a USB drive the 360 has set up for use with the 360 (up to 16 gigs can be set aside for use) which works just as well.

Alongside this you also have save editors and some level creation stuff (sometimes if a game has options some people figured out the format and made a PC editor capable of doing it to save you fiddling with the Dpad).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night