Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Current State of FlashcartHelper:
The DS Homebrew/Flashcart/Piracy scene is essentially dead. I simply don't want to work on it anymore, the removal of Filetrip's latest version links did not help. The Visual Basic version is also a mess of code, and I've learned much better coding practices since then. However, when the 3DS gets hacked, I'll be sure to code a tool to assist the various types of newbs that shall pop up. The Wii scene has ModMii, the DS/3DS scene will have something else. As well, I've seemed to have picked up Java as my language of choice due to coding Bukkit plugins. If I do code a program, it'll probably be in Java, meaning that it'll be platform-independent, unlike FlashcartHelper2, which BTW, you can grab the source off googlecode and compile it, it works perfectly fine. However, the old versions should continue to work as long as FileTrip continues to resolve the latest version links. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to work out a deal of some kind.

gallery_234164_329_14672.png
This is FlashcartHelper, an Open Source Windows utility for Flashcarts.
Always run FlashcartHelper in its own folder. Otherwise, you may loose data, FlashcartHelper may delete folders and files when installing a firmware, such as the DSTT firmware. Also, to ensure that no errors are made during the install process, FlashcartHelper will automatically remove all .7z , .zip , .rar ,and .txt files in its folder on start. This is to ensure that you can start going on your Flashcart as soon as possible.
The Latest stable (recommended) version of FlashcartHelper is 9
Download FlashcartHelper Here

Latest experimental build of FlashcartHelper is (Use Stable Build)
Download from SVN repository
No support will be provided with experimental builds unless you are a BETA tester. Sign up for BETA testing by sending me a PM with your email address
Please DO NOT mirror my downloads, instead, link to this post, the Google Code page or the FileTrip link

FlashcartHelper is your flashcart, simplified™

loco365

Trophies
XP
Wow. Nice job. It's like ModMii for the DS. I'll recommend this to all my friends that use Flashcards.

lol I never did see that you had said it was like ModMii in that post. lol Still, it is very useful for many people here. I might see what homebrew it has access to.

Edit: You should add Ez Flash 3-in-1 utilities.

D

Deleted_278676

You need help I never had a problem, and I have had many different flash cards r4, edge, iplayer that's not a flash card, acekard2i they are easy to set up all you have to do is type the name of the flash card into Google, yahoo, Bing, AOL or any search, download the newest firmware or OS from the official website drag it into the SD.

Come on people you just drag and drop files or folders, if you have problems doing that you must have trouble getting dressed in the morning, your getting young in you old age mister or misses, this is simple and stuff please.

This program it just a space taker, do you need all that stuff NO! I think not, this program it not needed, it's like Doggles those goggles for dogs.

Dog says please take the goggles off my face I look funny, then dog says I hate my life, please let my pass next year from some defect and prays to doggie god, and doggie god says to dog, so you can live with out pain from theses people? I will free you from your pain, instead of a year a month. Doggie says thank you! I am free in 30 days.

sad is it?

The moral is
If you did don't put the goggles and leave them on a dog the does not like it, passes on.
If you don't use a program that is not needed you have more space.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe this program is not needed for you, but that doesn't mean others would find an use in it.

If you find it's a "space taker", then don't download it, no one forces you to get it.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This reminds me of a tool I made back in '09, CheatUp.
Only vastly superior in many ways, good job with this!

(Might I inquire as to how you're getting the direct links from FileTrip?)
EDIT: nvm, just checked source

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really see the need for this but, cool app anyway.

Also I want to report a bug:

Akaio download hangs.
Also it would be nice to actually download Homebrew with this. Instead of just linking to Filetrip.

Actually A website with links would do the same as this program does....

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Due to the fact that it is now running of an exe it popps up as a virus, BUT IT IS NOT! Norton 360 thinks it is with its SONAR technology and an exception in its security must be made for it to work. (The only way to get round this is to also offer a non-exe version.)

Using the "What do I do, I need help!" function does not work. Tried renaming it to "Readme.txt" but that doesn't work. License reading also does not work.

The function to redownload the package from the program gets stuck at 47%

Hielkenator said:

Akaio download hangs.

Confirmed. Hangs at 71%

loco365

Trophies
XP
Themanhunt said:
Due to the fact that it is now running of an exe it popps up as a virus, BUT IT IS NOT! Norton 360 thinks it is with its SONAR technology and an exception in its security must be made for it to work. (The only way to get round this is to also offer a non-exe version.)

Using the "What do I do, I need help!" function does not work. Tried renaming it to "Readme.txt" but that doesn't work. License reading also does not work.

The function to redownload the package from the program gets stuck at 47%

Hielkenator said:

Akaio download hangs.

Confirmed. Hangs at 71%
I'm backing this up too. I've had it hang at 30% and 70%.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EVERYTHING hangs for me. Downloading Akaio, redownloading the program...

Suggestion, add an option to download the cheat db as well. Of course, you may already have, but as the downloads hang, I never see the option.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Interesting project.

The command line version of 7-zip handles rar files, is there a specific reason for why you're not using this functionality?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
When I use 7za, It doesn't like it when it processes rar files, and I just went "screw it, just use unrar"
As for the CheatDB, there are so many, I don't know which one is which, since the gbatemp cheat database is no longer updated. If anyone could give me a link to the latest cheat database, that would be great.
EZVi support will definitely come in the next version, but not this one. As for the hanging, this version uses start /wait now, so that might fix it. If not, then it's filetrip's fault. It works perfectly fine for me.
Anyways,

FlashcartHelper v0.5.6
Changelog said:
-Fixed txt deletion at start
-Improved Update feature
-Added NDSTokyoTrim
-Now uses start /wait for all external commands
-Now says "Invalid Choice" when an invalid choice is given.
-Asks user if he/she is using Windows 7 or XP
-Supports iSmartMM
I was gonna add automatic updates, but, the script would work randomly, so I just decided to cut it

http://filetrip.net/f26064-FlashcartHelper-0-5-6.html

Hielkenator said:
Actually A website with links would do the same as this program does....
Well, yeah, but you'd need to know quite alot about php. What would take 5000 lines in php could take about 1200 lines in batch code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...