FlashcartHelper -An open source Windows utility for flashcarts

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ron, Aug 26, 2011.

?

Did FlashcartHelper work for you?

Yes 15 vote(s) 62.5%
No 5 vote(s) 20.8%
I'm not sure 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Aug 26, 2011

Ron It Begins

Message Count:
    Canada
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the long awaited update, with bugs squashed, features added

FlashcartHelper 0.9

[IMG] Download at your friendly neighborhood FileTrip

Akotan Go read a book!

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Sorry to bother but Flashcart isn't working properly. It downloads everything and deletes all its own folder contents. Is there any specific path that I must install it?

Ron It Begins

Message Count:
    Canada

What OS are you using?
    What Flashcart did you attempt to install?
    Also, post your log file.

Akotan Go read a book!

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Let me explain:

I'm using Windows XP (pt-br). When I start the Flashcart Helper, lots of new files appear. I'm trying to update this (horrible damn thing) flashcart R4i SDHC v2.20T (http://www.r4sdhc.com/down.asp#r4i). So, I chose downloading Wood byt selecting the first option (I know that it won't work on previously mentioned flashcart). The Helper contacts Filetrip and downloads the file. As soon as the download finishes, every file but the Helper is deleted. The application still goes on asking if I want to install Moonshell but it starts giving errors.

I hope you understands what I said. It's hard to explain all these computer processes. :P

Ron It Begins

Message Count:
    Canada
    I don't think that your flashcart is supported by flashcarthelper.

Furthermore, I can't seem to reproduce your bug. Sorry.

[hr]
    Sorry there haven't been some updates in a while. You know how it is, busy with life :( I'll do my best to push some updates out soon, if not later. Also, for some mysterious reason, my files have disappeared. Fortunately, I do have a backup from SVN, but I'll have to redo alot of the code I didn't commit..

Hell, I might even learn a real language and re-code it from scratch.. We'll see.

Akotan Go read a book!

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Then I'll test it again. Thanks for your help anyway.

Ron It Begins

Message Count:
    Canada
    The Future of FlashcartHelper

I've been thinking lately, about the future of FH. It's rather messily written, and simply, although it works well, it's spaghetti code is is a crapload of work to maintain. When I started coding FlashcartHelper on a whim, it was last summer, and I was on vacation. I was on a tour bus, and did you know that FlashcartHelper started on MoonShell? Specifically Moonshell's text editor, but the point is that the beginnings of FlashcartHelper started on my DSTWO. I had 1 goal in mind at the time, and that was to allow people to easily set up or update their flashcarts. I've mostly achieved this goal, but I feel that not only the crappy, considerably buggy coding that I can barely even debug contributes to an impaired experience, but also the text interface. It just isn't very pretty or organized, and can even be confusing at times. FlashcartHelper is full of back-handed hacky methods to do things. It can be unpredictable at times, and is again, a pain to debug. So, support for FlashcartHelper as you know it will soon come to an end. Now, for those who can't grab onto that hint, that doesn't mean FlashcartHelper is dead. After some hard thinking and research, I've decided to re-code FlashcartHelper from scratch, this time no longer in Batch code, but in Visual Basic 2010. I have some prior knowledge of the syntax and functions and I believe I can recreate FlashcartHelper easily with a bit of time. The first beta should be available soon, maybe in a few weeks just subscribe to this thread and you'll get a PM from me if you want to try out the builds.

With this change, FlashcartHelper versions from 0.5 to 0.9.x will be renamed "FlashcartHelper Legacy", while the new version will be simply known as "FlashcartHelper 2"

Support for Legacy versions of FlashcartHelper will cease on April 2nd (to rest any concerns that this is an April fools joke) and development of the Visual Basic version of FlashcartHelper will commence immediately (March 28th.

Soon..Soon...

Ron It Begins

Message Count:
    Canada
    Coming soon to a GBAtemp near you

FlashcartHelper2 (Working Title)

Brand new UI, new language, no more bugs!

Teaser Screenies

Alpha version to be released by Mid-June to Early July!

KoopaHax35000vr Idk

Message Count:
    United States

SPONSORED LINKS