Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I see no reason why it won't work.

What exactly, is the problem you're experiencing?

Does FlashcartHelper not start for you, or do you get an error message saying "Error 102" or something along those lines?

If it doesn't start, then I have no idea what's causing that. It works fine for all my Machines, including a Win7 Laptop, an XP Laptop and a Vista Desktop.

If you get Error 102, however, then putting it into another folder should solve it.

The "Checks" only determine if you're running it in your User profile directory (The folder with your Windows Username on it), your Desktop, your Documents folder, your Windows folder and the root of C: Drive.

It should run fine if you make a folder on your Desktop, or whatever, and put FlashcartHelper in that folder.

If you're really convinced that those checks are the problem, rightclick the BAT file and open it with Notepad. Take out these lines

Code:
IF %cd% EQU %userprofile%\Desktop goto invpath
IF %cd% EQU %userprofile% goto invpath
IF %cd% EQU %windir%\* goto invpath
IF %cd% EQU C: goto invpath
IF %cd% EQU %userprofile%\Documents goto invpath

They should be the first 5 lines. Then save, and run it again.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes
and also ron i found a bug. when i set up the dstwo it asks is your dstwo flashed? i say no and it doesn't download the patch. please fix this because it might confuse newbies

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i used the older one quite sucessfully @ 0.6 but the dang thing fails to find wget deletes the downloads before unraring them and crashes randomly @ /8 and .82 refuses to run and its not even on my system drive. it went from functional to Broken for me with these updates

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
i used the older one quite sucessfully @ 0.6 but the dang thing fails to find wget deletes the downloads before unraring them and crashes randomly @ /8 and .82 refuses to run and its not even on my system drive. it went from functional to Broken for me with these updates

There's no reason why it shouldn't run at all, Did you try the BAT file?

If you see a window that just opens and immediately closes, go to the folder where you have FlashcartHelper stored, Shift+Right-click, and then choose "Open Command Window Here". A CMD prompt should pop up, and type in "FlashcartHelper" and tell me what it says.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds nice in theory... if it would run.

I've tried moving it all over the place, and it refuses to even stay up and running for more than a second before the command window goes away.

Thumbs down.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These are some of the issues i noticed while testing this program.. it starts now but gives me alot of errors.

O/s Windows 7 64 bit
Cpu core i7 970
ram 6 gb
hdd 200 gbs free

Bug #1
For each of these tests i am closing the program afterwards and then opening and doing it from scratch and reporting what occured Punyone

1]Supercard Ds two - works
2]Akaio - works
3]r4 Revolution Downloaded Fine Then Fails to find 7za Whilst i had the folder visible it was in the flastcart helper root folder, Then when i hit space to continue everything in the folder was deleted and i get an error Saying cannot find guide.fhg
If i try to download another firmware without Restarting it gives a chain of errors cannot find wget. Upon Restarting the software Instantly Wget, 7za, Unrar appear in the root of the program folder as well as the Put this in SD Card folder appear. ** Bug is repeatable every time for me
4]DSTT/DSONEI - Works
5]R4i Gold - Works
6]R4i DSN - Everything appears to be working fine but No console window for unzip of the wood appears and when i decline to download moonshell it brings up a guide and a empty folder and the archive of wood has been deleted.
7]Cyclo Ds evo - works
8]Cyclo Ds Ievo - works
9]ISMART MM - Works
10]EZ flash 5 - Works
11] Ez Flash 5i - works
12] m3 quadboot - works
13]r4 Clones - has its entire own submenu #1 works ( will test more of these later)
14]supercard DSONE - Works
15]Supercard DSone SDHC - works
16]Supercard DSone I - Works
17]Ismart Premium - works
18] Edge - works
19] IEDGE - works ( but is moonshell the O/s for this? goes straight to downloading moonshell for me)

A Side bug i have noticed it always downloads to the same folder and does not clean it up so if u download 2 firmwares u end up with 2 firmwares in this folder. perhaps a cleanup routine could run on the folder when u select the new firmware to download?
Also noticed when u Open the program it Deletes eveything in the folder except the 7za wget and unrar as well as clears out the put in Sd card folder, myself i wonder where it keeps getting wget 7za and unrar from is it downloading without telling me does it have a cache folder somewheres? Is it possible instead of using seperate executeables to Build in functionality of these programs? and perhaps options as to what to do with the cart os after download in the program like a storage folder for all Archives that is not purged?

Near as i can tell it lacks any kind of debug output text or anything of the sort Can i suggest perhaps adding this feature to log what the program is doing so I can actually send a useful bug report in? rather than whining like a child P:)

Bug #2 So another bug i have found is quite a simple one for Option 6 NDS tokyotrim when it downloads it
It immediately attempts to run it which is fine but its downloading to the root of the flash card helper folder and trying to run it from a flashcarthelper\ndstokyotrim\ndstokyotrim.exe the file on download is in flashcarthelper\ndstokyotrim25beta2.exe subfolder is left empty and the executable file names do not even match.

Bug #3
On one restart of the program it thru a Cannot create the file 7za.exe prompty do you want to continue
Bug #4
Blue screen says 0.83 version this Pops up saying The latest version is 0.82 This is minor and near impossible to read but i have good eyes.

So thats some testing for now I may goof more on the next version but both my most used carts and Most updated seem to be Bugged in this version whilst the rest is fine.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you mori, I will fix these bugs as soon as I can.

As for saying the newest version is 0.8.2, that is google code's fault for not removing files immediately after I delete it. So, I'll have to wait until the old update file is gone, then I can upload the new one.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you mori, I will fix these bugs as soon as I can.

As for saying the newest version is 0.8.2, that is google code's fault for not removing files immediately after I delete it. So, I'll have to wait until the old update file is gone, then I can upload the new one.
Np I like the app i just want it to work P:) so more than happy to test for some bugs.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i set up the dstwo it asks is your dstwo flashed? i say no and it doesn't download the patch. please fix this because it might confuse newbies
also i don't want to see flashcart helper dead. any new stuff?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
An update

I just came back from vacation, and I'm just catching up to school, and Jet lag, and stuff like that. However, I promise you that you'll get an update, sooner or later, that addresses these bugs, and new features, such as improved updating, and hopefully, a download list, similar to ModMii. Also, it will include the latest DSi updates (Which are hard-coded in the software for safety reasons) and improved firmware (DSi/3DS firmware updates) updating. Also, with the new version, I will add a logging feature, that logs into a timestamped log file. Expect a release, at the very very very latest in March, but I hope to resume coding this again in Mid-January, after I catch up with life. I will also usher in a few more changes, that include BETA versions. I will add BETAs to the downloads, but in the deprecated downloads, and I hope to have a group testing these versions for bugs and stuff. Also, Google code's SVN is broken, so, we'll have to wait on that too, Works now :D but I'm considering moving to Git or SourceForge.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
These are some of the issues i noticed while testing this program.. it starts now but gives me alot of errors.

Bug #1
3]r4 Revolution Downloaded Fine Then Fails to find 7za Whilst i had the folder visible it was in the flastcart helper root folder, Then when i hit space to continue everything in the folder was deleted and i get an error Saying cannot find guide.fhg
Just fixed that, PM me if you want the unreleased version

If i try to download another firmware without Restarting it gives a chain of errors cannot find wget.
I can't reproduce this bug either

Upon Restarting the software Instantly Wget, 7za, Unrar appear in the root of the program folder as well as the Put this in SD Card folder appear.
wget, 7za and unrar are bundled in with the exe file, and will create itself upon launch.

6]R4i DSN - Everything appears to be working fine but No console window for unzip of the wood appears and when i decline to download moonshell it brings up a guide and a empty folder and the archive of wood has been deleted.
As with the R4 one, fixed.

19] IEDGE - works ( but is moonshell the O/s for this? goes straight to downloading moonshell for me)
I can't reproduce this bug

A Side bug i have noticed it always downloads to the same folder and does not clean it up so if u download 2 firmwares u end up with 2 firmwares in this folder. perhaps a cleanup routine could run on the folder when u select the new firmware to download?
Can you elaborate a bit?

Also noticed when u Open the program it Deletes eveything in the folder except the 7za wget and unrar as well as clears out the put in Sd card folder, myself i wonder where it keeps getting wget 7za and unrar from is it downloading without telling me does it have a cache folder somewheres?
Again, bundled with the exe file

Is it possible instead of using seperate executeables to Build in functionality of these programs?
Unfortunatly, no, batch relies on external exectables

and perhaps options as to what to do with the cart os after download in the program like a storage folder for all Archives that is not purged?
My custom replacement for DEL (frec, short for File Relocation [for FlashcartHelper]) Will move files into a Trashes folder.

Near as i can tell it lacks any kind of debug output text or anything of the sort Can i suggest perhaps adding this feature to log what the program is doing so I can actually send a useful bug report in? rather than whining like a child P:)
I've tested some logging, but all I've managed is logging 7za, unrar, and my custom replacement for del, which I like to call frec.

Bug #2 So another bug i have found is quite a simple one for Option 6 NDS tokyotrim when it downloads it
It immediately attempts to run it which is fine but its downloading to the root of the flash card helper folder and trying to run it from a flashcarthelperndstokyotrimndstokyotrim.exe the file on download is in flashcarthelperndstokyotrim25beta2.exe subfolder is left empty and the executable file names do not even match.
Will fix

Bug #3
On one restart of the program it thru a Cannot create the file 7za.exe prompty do you want to continue
I cannot reproduce this bug

Bug #4
Blue screen says 0.83 version this Pops up saying The latest version is 0.82 This is minor and near impossible to read but i have good eyes.
Again, google code's fault. Next version will grab update file from SVN, which updates faster

Yes, a double post, and I'm ashamed.

But I want to give you guys an update

I'm working on debugging right now, and also, switching over Rmdir and FOR loops in favour of frec, my custom alternative script for DEL, because frec is safer and won't delete things unless it has to (eg. When it moves a file of the same name, it has to overwrite). frec will share a license with FlashcartHelper (GPL v3), and while it hasn't been released yet, here's the source of frec

Code:
move %1 Trashes >>fh.log 2>&1

For those who know what this is, don't judge me, even though it's simple, it works. :wink:

Logging I've started, and I've tried it on the R4 option.

I'm also thinking of an improved guide downloading system, and on that subject, guide, until the next version, are broken unless you download it yourself, the reason being that I just reset the SVN repository and re-organized it. The SVN is where all the guides are held.

If you desperately need the guides, download the correct one from here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...