Hacking Flashcart Pros and Cons: Help Please!

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am finishing up my PDF flashcart and homebrew guide and need some help with some flashcart pros, cons and/or specifications. If you contribute you will be given credit in the guide if I use your work. I am in need of some help as the guide is 90% done and I just need to check other people’s opinions of what they think pros and cons for different flashcarts are as I don’t want to be bias or misleading.

This is your chance to come out and fight for your flashcart as hundreds of users will download this guide once it is posted and I know many of you have stong feelings for one flashcart or another. I do not want bias opinions but rather actual pros and cons as you would supply in the products review; a bullet point of the flashcart if you may.

If you could post them on this thread, email or pm me with your information please do so ASAP as the guide is almost completed.

Flashcarts I need Pros, Cons, and Specifications for:
- EWin2
- DS-Xtreme
- DSLink
- NeoFlash
- Ninja DS

I have the SuperCard, M3, and EZ products pretty much cleaned up but you can also post some from them if you think I might have missed them.

You can find the old guide at the link below if you would like to see what it started out as and to see what pros and cons I already have for some flashcarts:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=27045

Thanks for any help you can give me as I am making this guide for everyone and I hope everyone enjoys it. The new downloadable PDF version is going to be much more comprehensive and is also going to have pictures and even more flashcart comparisons and information!

Thanks for any help,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very nice list you have there.
yaynds.gif

I don't have a flash device yet, so I can't add much to it.
But the con from DSLink "- No built-in Nopass device means your DS MUST BE FLASHED." seems to be not totally true, you also have the possibility to use MK4-Mini, start your DS, choose to boot from the DS-cart slot and switch the card to the DSLink cart. However I think this will be annoying switching cards everytime you reboot, but it's a possibility avoiding flashing your DS.
(Info from here)
Also said there is that the software can be set to English after the Chinese installation.
smile.gif

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone could please help it would be appreciated! I am also looking for Beta testers for the guide just to review it and check for any mistakes, corrections, etc.

Please post some pros and cons if you can,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely nothing good about neoflash. Overpriced, low compatibility, sucky support.

DSLink, ninjapass, and DSExtreme all have the negative point of the fact that since they use the DS card port only, you cant use it to run GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.