Hacking Flashcard Legitimacy Check

ClockSmasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got an R4 SDHC Gold Pro from Amazon for $25 (which surprised my friend, I know), and it was by a seller named "The Bargain-Hunter". It arrived today when I ordered it on Sunday, so I was pleasantly surprised by how fast it came here. The site they provided for the firmware was www.r4isdhc.com , and on there they showcase an image depicting the legitimacy of the card versus others.

cSAJK0q.png

The "genuine" card has white text. Mine, unfortunately, has black.

JPEG_20171026_190500.jpg

The white lettering on the back where the circuit board shows is there, with the correct capitalization and everything, but the board itself isn't red like in the website demonstration.

So in short, just need to know if this thing doesn't have a time bomb on it like my friend informed me. The game that it reads as is Touch! Bomberman Land.

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That image is really dishonest. Ignoring the fact that the only real R4s are out of production since like 2008, the "fake" ones depicted were completely superior because they run Wood and therefore have no timebomb. At least r4isdhc.com has NTRboot going for it now, otherwise the only positive for it is availability.

I know someone who used to sell R4s on Amazon and that damn image even screwed him over (he sold the middle or right one). Did you know all it takes is to spout the word "fake" on a seller's feedback and Amazon will shut you down until you can prove with invoices that your item is legit? Even if that occurrence was just customer ignorance, it would be great tactic to use if you're competing with other sellers.

Anyway to answer your question, yes it has a timebomb. If you use the latest kernel it is set to 2019 I believe.

They couldn't even get their image right so their own cards look "fake". They all have yellow PCBs now, not red. And black text on the sticker.

Last edited by Sleet,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolerskates
r4isdhc.com cards are clones of r4i-sdhc.com carts

both have timebombs in current kernel that are currently unexpired. current models can usually be ntrbooted.

http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=507 with r4isdhc.com.cn sticker runs hacked WOOD and has no time bomb. cannot be flashed for ntrboot yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: