KeylinK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I'm planning to use Henkaku for my PS Vita, so in the first setup I'm asked to enter my PSN account.
The question is should I log in into my account, or is it even possible on the first setup since it's on an old firmware? Will I be asked to update the system ?
Thanks for answering!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can login to the account just fine, it is required to have a PSN account if you want to use QCMA. This won't activate your Vita, however, which means that it won't show up as a device on your PSN account's list of devices.

You may be asked to update, but you can decline/cancel the install or just reboot your Vita before the download finishes.

Reactions: Ryccardo

KeylinK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by KeylinK,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That's not how it works. The activation is unique for each Vita console, adding his account to your Vita would do absolutely nothing for you since that particular Vita still won't be added to that account as PSN spoofing broke and there are no other ways to activate without a PS3.

You have to use a PS3 if your Vita isn't activated, period. That means any Vita after a first time setup, even if the account already has a Vita activated, will require a PS3.

KeylinK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen on a video that there's a way to get a PSP demo without the need for a PS3, do you think it's possible?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

KeylinK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for clarifying all of this, do you think it will be possible in the future to access PSN from henkaku 3.60 ?

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know you don't need to own a ps3. You might borrow a ps3 from a friend then settup a separate account on the ps3 then transfer a game. You could then delete the separate account. Also you could run homebrew on a not activated psvita on 3.60.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Correct, you don't actually have to own a PS3, just have access to one to transfer a game over.

He only mentioned it because he wanted to run Adrenaline. It's (AFAIK) the only thing that requires an activated Vita so far, just because pspemu is a bit different I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM