First serious attempt at art

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by jt_1258, Jan 22, 2018.

1. jt_1258
    OP

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    kinda like that? I still may need to adjust the eye brows though
    [​IMG]

2. jt_1258
    OP

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    It feels real lumpy, dispreportinet, squished, and incosistent but I think I'm somewhat at a stoping point with this...not that I'm done with it but more so cause I have no idea how to go about going further than this :/
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    Nah dude this is real bad.
    If you want to learn how to draw art, I highly recommend starting at drawing simple objects like cubes and spheres, then start with cylinders, pyramids and so on.
    Drawing anatomically correct eastern asian cartoon figures might look easy at first, but it needs a lot of hard work and dedication until you can draw correctly without being a stereotypical deviantart user.
    This tutorial, although not specifically made for taiwanese animation, is good enough to cover the basics https://hubpages.com/art/how-to-draw-learn

4. BEACHBUM

BEACHBUM Will draw shitty works of art for likes

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    27.132481 North, 73.086548 West
    mouses are easy to use, and make for the best art, what are you talking about?!

5. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    That's why all professional artists that draw animated characters use a Tablet and Touch Pen, right?

Mice are not good for precision drawing. You can use a Tablet and Touch Pen like if you were drawing with a pencil and paper.

The Anime artists also use a Tablet and Touch Pen. And the Japanese Anime artists are the best when it comes to tv and movie animation.

6. BEACHBUM

BEACHBUM Will draw shitty works of art for likes

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    27.132481 North, 73.086548 West
    I call bs, they obviously don't use expensive tablets, that's laughable. They use the perfect pair of a mouse and ms paint... idiot

7. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    lol.