First screens surface from PlatinumGames TMNT game

A while back it leaked that PlatinumGames were working on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game. Later, a rating find from the Australian Classification Board added more weight to the rumor.
Now via PureXbox we have a handful of leaked screens from the still unannounced title "Mutants in Manhattan":

original.jpg
original-1.jpg

original-2.jpg

original-4.jpg

original-5.jpg

:arrow:Achievement List
:arrow:PureXbox

Reactions: cvskid and Prans

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I for one love the design. To me, it's basically a blend of a simplistic comic book design crossed with the toon cell shading that Wind Waker has. I don't have an Xbox One, but this might be a title I'd consider if I had one.
If it's anything like Transformers Devastation it'll be on PC, PS3/4, X360 and X1.
Apparently the art is based on the current IDW comic series.

loco365

Trophies
XP
If it's anything like Transformers Devastation it'll be on PC, PS3/4, X360 and X1.
Apparently the art is based on the current IDW comic series.
Ah. I'd probably take up on the PC version if it's within my graphics card's limits, although most games tend to be.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks awful and i can see what they were going for but it still looks awful. The faces look like androids that have been painted green. I swear, the turtles design has got progressively worse with each new game/show/movie with the one exception being the 2007 movie. (Which was great)

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
At least the turtles look more like the turtles we know than what we had in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 movie...

The only reason I watched it was because of Megan Fox. Enough said.

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
Better design than the latest movies, still not right though. I mean, how can people keep fucking up something that was clearly defined and established back in the 80's with comics, toys, and a few tv shows, I mean they managed to get Bebop right, so it's not like they're intentionally ignoring the nostalgia people this time around. But this half-assed reboot stuff is just crap, and will only appeal to the 12 and under market that doesn't know any better.

Reactions: cyb0rg

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is anything like the Transformers game they made, it will be really short and shitty. Won't be worth more then a 10.00 arcade/mini/micro game.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the designs.
For once the turtles actually look like teenagers. I dunno they seem younger looking compared to all their other versions, least to me anyway.
The glowing weapons I don't quite get but the overall design has a lot of logical improvements.
Sure the noses seem to take some getting used to but its kinda minor in the long run.

Bebop and Rock Steady are in a game again, so that's a big big plus.
Most games/movies/etc skip them for some reason.

Headsets could mean we get a lot of voice work and I really like how we see all four in what seems to be them actually fighting and working together.

I really don't see much bad here. We know what to expect with Transformers and the like.
It might end up short but that seems to be the extent of Activision's budget on these which could explain the length of Transformers and Legend of Kora.

Still its all about the game itself in the end.
While I love Platinum Games a ton sure but I'm looking forward to this one even if it isn't perfect, whatever perfect is anyway.

Oh notice the red eyes on the enemy ninjas?
I hope they are robots like the old cartoon and such.
I dunno they were kinda fun to fight when they always exploded, maybe thats just me. xD
Oh and I think the turtles' faces each have their own unique look, most games just copy and past the sprite or model, change the head band color and call it done so all good there too.

Last edited by shadow1w2,

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF. Why do they have light saber electricity stuff on there weapons which is the color of there bandanas! And headsets! What a let down I thought this would look like the 80s cartoon with what they did to transformers.

Last edited by dmace81,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I like it. Looks a lot like Borderlands, but that art style can hardly be attributed to Borderlands anymore because there are so many games that have or are soon going to come out that feature it.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF. Why do they have light saber electricity stuff on there weapons which is the color of there bandanas! And headsets! What a let down I thought this would look like the 80s cartoon with what they did to transformers.

Thats probably when they are in some kind of mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-cpu-dispensing-vending-machine-game-spotted... +1