Gaming First Pokemon game to play?

LuigiXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

Somehow despite remembering the launch of the GameBoy I have never played a Pokémon game!

I was wondering which (preferably of the ones available natively on 3DS) I should start with?

Thanks!

:yaynds:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
X/Y have a relatively more mature story and, well, they tried to be original.

OR/AS have less soul than the previous remakes, but they have the best gimmick added to a Pokemon game in 6 years (and that won't likely be in future ones), the DexNav!

...and that's it for 3DS games!

So if you want me to choose for you, get Y

Reactions: NekoMichi

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're all the same game. I would just play Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire since that's what most people are playing these days.

If you're set on starting with classic Pokemon, then you can play FireRed or LeafGreen VC on the 3DS. They're my personal favorites, and they're remakes of the original series.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would start with gold and silver:) red and blues graphics are bad unless your playing for nostalgia silver is nice looking and the perfect place to start

Hoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a new 3DS or CFW, a good game to start with is Pokemon Emerald. It was my third game, yes, but I've replayed it so many times. q_q

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originals are always the best :)
I feel like if you start with anything after Black and White, you'll hate Pokemon forever and think its a horrible game. My recommendation? Leaf Green Fire Red or Emerald Ruby Sapphire. I'd even go with Gold/Silver or Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Those are ALL AMAZING. Now I'm just rambling lol

Last edited by Xanthe,
Reactions: Hoppy

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Start with any of them, but like the others have said, it's hard to appreciate the humble roots of the GameBoy games if you've spoiled yourself with the 3D versions. Work your way up so you can appreciate them all.

Reactions: Grim Ripper

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start with any of them, but like the others have said, it's hard to appreciate the humble roots of the GameBoy games if you've spoiled yourself with the 3D versions. Work your way up so you can appreciate them all.
Definitely. Its like what I said. If you start with the 3DS ones, especially XY, you'll hate the originals. You'll mock them. If you start with GBC-GBA games, you'll appreciate everything more. Plus, you get to see the first pokemon introduced! If you played them years ago like a lot of us, you get a great sense of nostalgia

Reactions: Grim Ripper

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
IN general: Soul Silver /Heart Gold for the DS. Or one of the Black and White series.

But since you asked native 3DS games, I would recommand Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire. As the latest iteration, it has access to all the recent promotionnal events (exclusive distributions over the Internet, online competitions...). It features a rlatively poor story/ environment in my opinion (after Gold/silver on GBC, I never could really enjoy Ruby/Sapphire) but it has a great system (the best?) to make you interested into the monster hunt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol