Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its Sam & Max!! It was reported a while ago that Telltale were recruiting programmers so they can start working on porting the recent PC episodes over to the Wii, its now been confirmed by the company itself that it is intended for Virtual Console.

I hope that this will lead to other games being VC titles too, last year I did hear that System 3 were hoping to release their new Last Ninja, Summer Games and Impossible Mission titles to VC but apart from those games being announced as Wii releases, its not been said if they were to be VC game.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Its Sam & Max!! It was reported a while ago that Telltale were recruiting programmers so they can start working on porting the recent PC episodes over to the Wii, its now been confirmed by the company itself that it is intended for Virtual Console.

W00000T!!!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Sam and Max rules
happy.gif

Slightly off-topic, it would be great if LucasArts would sell the licence to their old adventures. Sam and Max, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango... They would be perfect for the Virtual Console.

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
*dances*

I'm an old-school adventure gamer
happy.gif
Sam and Max will be awesome... I'd love to see Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion, etc. and maybe even some of the Sierra games such as Space Quest
biggrin.gif

It is nice to see some new adventure games coming out on the DS though... The last good one I played before some of the DS ones was The Longest Journey on the PC...
smile.gif
I think the DS made a lot of progress to save the genre. Now we have an adventure game for the Wii
happy.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news, do you have a web source? If so, linkify us!
wink.gif
I cant find a link but I read about the VC news from various sources including DCemu and that's a pretty reputable for news, just went to the Telltale forums and someone who works for them claims they have never even announced a Wii game!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2421

But there was a interview with one of the developers on the PC version and they said they were working on a Wii version!

Confusion.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

WOW

*faints*

I did not expect that! This is fantastic news!! I've really really wanted to play the Sam & Max episodes but they are only on stupid Gametap.

Sign me up, I'll be buying these on the VC for sure
grog.gif

*EDIT*

wait a minute....where's the source? I got so excited about playing sam and max on the Wii that I forgot about it. If Telltale games haven't announced it, it's not happening (yet).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Um, you guys realise this is the new Sam and Max, Culture Shock, ported to the VC? Not the original, Freelance Police. This is a brand new game. It's just that some reactions here were like this was the old S&M.
unsure.gif

m|kk|

Trophies
Website
www.mikki.com
XP
Country
United States
Awwww :'( I guess that's why the title of the thread said "none old game"? *pouts*

It still plays like an adventure game, right?
smile.gif

Edit: and I don't know why, but I never realized the abbreviation of Sam & Max was "S&M"
shy.gif
Wow. Police brutality!
ohmy.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
This is great news, do you have a web source? If so, linkify us!
wink.gif

I cant find a link but I read about the VC news from various sources including DCemu and that's a pretty reputable for news, just went to the Telltale forums and someone who works for them claims they have never even announced a Wii game!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2421

But there was a interview with one of the developers on the PC version and they said they were working on a Wii version!

Confusion.

Where? I can't see anything about it on DCemu. I'm not sure I consider DCemu a place developers announce their games either
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH