Android first gen Nexus 7 stopped working

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked the last time I used it. The next day I picked it up, it wouldn't power on.

Any idea why it stopped working? Nothing happened to it, I think all I did was wipe it before putting it down. So maybe..
a) it was a short (I broke it??)
b) it wasn't my fault and it just stopped working on its own.
c) Software update causing it to stop working? Like maybe it tried to update to Lollipop and that caused it to brick.

All I know is battery did not run out. The battery wasn't running low or anything when I put it down. Plus I tried to charge it for a little while today, which should have fixed it if it was a simply the battery running low.

But I have no idea. I'm not sure whether to fix it or just recycle it. But I might as well try to fix it, because even if I recycle it I will take it apart first, because personal data etc. Anyway I would like to hear what you would do in this situation. Should I buy a replacement battery even though I don't know if that will work? I would hate to waste money on a lost cause.

matt123337

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hold volume up and the power button while it's plugged in. I remember it had some issue with the battery draining fully and not booting after. Worst case you have to re-seat the battery connector and try it there.

Reactions: zeello

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr