First Disgaea game will be getting a PC version

header.jpg

The first game in the popular SRPG series, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, will be getting a PC version this coming February. It'll include new features such as Steam Achievements, keyboard and mouse support, a new UI and textures, as well as including content from the PSP/DS rerelease: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness.

:arrow:Source

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! If the the first one sales well, then there's good chance that they'll release the others on PC. My goddesses, I wanted this in my life for so long. But it does draw on a dark tone, because they must've realized that they could possibly lose their company if they don't expand their systems. D5 only being on PS4 is really just because of a silly 100+ characters on the screen that barely even got used. If they decide to release all of their releases on PC with possible HD updates, I'd buy every single title. Just because NISA is the reason I started playing and likeing JRPGs and SRPGs. Just thinking about being able to play DD2, D3, D4, and D5 on my surface while I'm on the go, it brings me endless shivers of delight.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It sounds like a good game, can anyone explain to me what is it about?
That... would take a little skill to explain without spoiling anything. The essential is that it's a tactics RPG where you command units where to move and who/how to attack (taking turns between your units and the enemy units). The story is about the Netherworld and the crazy things the demonic denizens get up to. And once you beat the story and go for post-game content, it's a numbers game on how to increase your stats in the most efficient way in order to defeat harder and harder enemies (where stats go into the millions with billions of HP).

I enjoy it and recommend it for anybody who doesn't mind a little bit of grinding. Also, be warned that it is one of those games that can be a massive time sink (like Civ V), as I've already clocked 150 hours in Disgaea 5 on PS4 and still going.

As for the PC release... it would be nice if they could package it with Disgaea Infinite and Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness in order to get all the stories relating to these characters.
EDIT: Also, mod support for this game would be awesome :D

Last edited by Originality,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
And my backlog continues to grow but now on platforms.
I started playing this game on PC years ago using PCSX2, things happened and never finished it. Then I got a DSi and started once again but as the game was so butchered(my god the music, what happened?!?!?!) I dropped it. Then I acquired a PSP go but for reasons I never got the mood to play it. I have been thinking on getting it on Vita for some time now but as is gonna come on PC I'll wait until then to fiiiiinally play it and finish it.......... hopefully......... I guess :rolleyes:.

It sounds like a good game, can anyone explain to me what is it about?
As @Originality said above is a Tactical RPG. but what I like is that is the only that let you have full control of your units. That is the reason the only TRPGs I like are the Disgaea series.
I mean your units don't act as soon as you press attack, you need to give then the order to execute what you commanded. That way you can carefully plan and chain attacks and skills to obliterate the enemy and once you are done giving orders tell them to move and enjoy the show.

Aside from the technical aspect of the game the story is very anime and if you like that kind of humor you'll like it.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That... would take a little skill to explain without spoiling anything. The essential is that it's a tactics RPG where you command units where to move and who/how to attack (taking turns between your units and the enemy units). The story is about the Netherworld and the crazy things the demonic denizens get up to. And once you beat the story and go for post-game content, it's a numbers game on how to increase your stats in the most efficient way in order to defeat harder and harder enemies (where stats go into the millions with billions of HP).

I enjoy it and recommend it for anybody who doesn't mind a little bit of grinding. Also, be warned that it is one of those games that can be a massive time sink (like Civ V), as I've already clocked 150 hours in Disgaea 5 on PS4 and still going.

As for the PC release... it would be nice if they could package it with Disgaea Infinite and Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness in order to get all the stories relating to these characters.
EDIT: Also, mod support for this game would be awesome :D
This guy gets it. I've wasted 250 on Disgaea DD2, 200 hours on D3, over 300 on D4 and I wasted 60 hours on D5 in the first week of me buying it. I can't remember how many hours I did on Disgaea and Disgaea 2 but those were the only games I played on my PSP out of 5 others. If they bring over some of their older titles like La Pucelle Tactics, that'd be wonderful. I'd fully support them all the way!
Timesink wise, I have yet to make anyone lvl 9999 on any of them that I've played. Though on D5, I'm lvl 200+ and only on the 5 chapter.

Last edited by EllioneDHunter,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

ProNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is really good news. Not only is it nice to see such a nice game come to the PC, it's also nice because that opens up the window for Atlus to release other of its famous titles such as Persona and such. Really hyped. :grog:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is really good news. Not only is it nice to see such a nice game come to the PC, it's also nice because that opens up the window for Atlus to release other of its famous titles such as Persona and such. Really hyped. :grog:
Yes. I'm a big fan of Atlus games but I primarily play on PC so I haven't been able to experience that many.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played the DS version, I'd love to play one in HD with the better soundtrack. Hopefully they don't plan on all the extras that the PSP and DS versions got becoming DLC you have to pay for. I can easily see that happening, but the more optimistic side of me can easily see this becoming the best version of the game. (Even worse, it includes all the extras because it ends up just being a straight port of the DS version with the same low-resolution graphics and crappy music quality. They just rearranged menus and removed the second screen map.)

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This guy gets it. I've wasted 250 on Disgaea DD2, 200 hours on D3, over 300 on D4 and I wasted 60 hours on D5 in the first week of me buying it. I can't remember how many hours I did on Disgaea and Disgaea 2 but those were the only games I played on my PSP out of 5 others. If they bring over some of their older titles like La Pucelle Tactics, that'd be wonderful. I'd fully support them all the way!
Timesink wise, I have yet to make anyone lvl 9999 on any of them that I've played. Though on D5, I'm lvl 200+ and only on the 5 chapter.

I'm 157 hours into D4 Vita and I have several full sets of maxed out equipment that can get a character from 1 to 9999 in just 2-3 battles on MO-4. It's certainly easier to reach than in earlier games, and equipment (and innocent) cloning helps a lot, though maxing an item is still tedious (kill IG2, gency out, rinse and repeat - at least grinding HL is sort of easy and the game sells gency exits for 999'999'999 HL a pop :D )

I hope D1 will be followed by the others, especially DD2 and D5 (but I have yet to play D3 as well)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8