First 50 minutes of Final Fantasy XV

Adding to the list of goodies revealed at this year's Gamescom, is a video showcasing the first 50 minutes of Square Enix's Final Fantasy XV. Potential spoiler warning for the beginning of the game's story. This video shows off both cutscenes and multiple forms of gameplay.

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again SE manages to out-do themselves visually. While FFXIII was a mess in some aspects, it had jaw dropping art direction and visuals. It seems the second can also be said of this one.
Really looking forward to it

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some have questioned the issues caused with film trailers getting as long as they are and first ?? minutes things for films only doing worse. In games others have questioned what goes when people see let's plays and subsequently feel less compelled to play the game. I wonder if something similar would apply with game footage of this length.

Reactions: chartube12

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Once again SE manages to out-do themselves visually. While FFXIII was a mess in some aspects, it had jaw dropping art direction and visuals. It seems the second can also be said of this one.
Really looking forward to it
Seems like it COULD look good, if they bring it to PC. As-is, 30 FPS and low-res textures, with regular hitching below even that. Seems engaging enough otherwise. I'd be interested in buying, once again, IF it comes to PC.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it COULD look good, if they bring it to PC. As-is, 30 FPS and low-res textures, with regular hitching below even that. Seems engaging enough otherwise. I'd be interested in buying, once again, IF it comes to PC.
And watch it release with unconfigurable controls, a locked resolution choice and a 30fps lock, because square enix, much like so many Japanese developers, absolutely despise the PC platform.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And watch it release with unconfigurable controls, a locked resolution choice and a 30fps lock, because square enix, much like so many Japanese developers, absolutely despise the PC platform.
That's been consistently true in the past, but recently not so much. Dark Souls 2/3 being obvious examples, I can run those in 4K@60FPS. The floodgates for JRPGs on to Steam have been opened, and SE has basically every other FF game on there already.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The original FF13 PC port was like that, but IIRC SE's ports have been increasing in quality. The FFX remake port seems pretty decent.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original FF13 PC port was like that, but IIRC SE's ports have been increasing in quality. The FFX remake port seems pretty decent.
It's too bad that ff x was so insultingly bad to begin with. But seriously, with everything going on for the PC platform, and the advances in hardware and software, and especially with choices like directx 12 and vulkan, there is no excuse for these shitty port jobs.

Annoyingly, Japanese developers are still consistently the worst offenders of this. And that is going to take some broad, sweeping changes in their mindset before I can buy a PC release from a Japanese company without hesitation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte