Hacking Firmware Updates are NOT automatic.

pizzamanopenup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/video-the-first...irmware-upgrade

David over at 3DS Blog has confirmed that the 3DS does not automatically update. You can watch the video in the link, but here's the bottom line: the system connects automatically and notifies you when an update is available. You have to read and accept a user agreement (DUH) before installing it! Basically, all we have to worry about is Nintendo dangling something really good in our faces, or some really good games that will include updates. Not the biggest news ever, but it is good news nonetheless. We no longer have to worry about setting aside our systems and having them lock us out of our precious homebrew.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something really good like say....the browser, the market place, and the ability to continue to play online?
unsure.gif

pizzamanopenup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it does suck that it'll eventually keep us from playing new games, but the point is we have one less thing to worry about when it comes to DS Mode.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
pizzamanopenup said:
Yes, it does suck that it'll eventually keep us from playing new games, but the point is we have one less thing to worry about when it comes to DS Mode.
Who cares about ds mode,the real deal on a 3ds is 3ds mode allowing us to play 3ds games
How 'bout you slow down with ds-mode and actually buy some games.
mellow.gif

Figure that I was right about automatic update.
tongue.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At the end of the day, they will probably be successful in blocking online play.

We'll see how it plays out.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Where are all you *ing *'s who kept saying it's going to update by spotpass and streetpass in 2 seconds of passing a 3ds or wap, and without a word of warning, eh?
I want to spit on your faces for every time you've made me face *ing palm from reading your bull* on the matter.

Now that the proof is in a retard-viewable form, you are proven wrong.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Where are all you *ing *'s who kept saying it's going to update by spotpass and streetpass in 2 seconds of passing a 3ds or wap, and without a word of warning, eh?
I want to spit on your faces for every time you've made me face *ing palm from reading your bull* on the matter.

Now that the proof is in a -snip-viewable form, you are proven wrong.

Future update, lol.

D

Deleted-188346

Nollog said:

Now that the proof is in a -snip-viewable form, you are proven wrong.
Calm down. It was actually reasonable for people to assume that there would be automatic updates, with the information they had at the time.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Not really "hotheaded" post iirc, just a tad short.
You may be confusing *'s for anger, but I assure you I was just going for comedy more than anything else, though the vindication was nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup