Hacking Firmware question

Steve77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

It has been about two years since I last used my PS3. It is still on Rogero Cobra 4.46 CFW. My question is, is it worth upgrading to something more current, such as Rebug 4.81.2? I'm asking because I remember back in like early 2015, when I tried upgrading to like the latest Rebug, I always had some issues with like running PS2 games or some other things, where on Rogero 4.46 everything always worked fine. I also don't mind resigning games/updates for it so that's not an issue.

So basically my question is, is it worth upgrading to Rebug, if yes, and why is it worth it? Would I get more FPS on Rebug? Would I get faster loading times? Because everything still works fine on Rogero 4.46 - all PS1/PS2/PS3 games play fine(I have to resign some pkg files on the newer games but that's not an issue), my internet connection works fine with streaming on PS3, loading games from external NTFS works fine, like no issues at all. I would not mind upgrading, if there were some benefits to me, but to a simple user who just plays games, is it worth it?

If I was to stay on Rogero 4.46, would PSN Patch be enough to get online access? Or do I need to spoof the firmware with something on top of psn patch?(Last time I remember, PSNpatch did not spoof firmware, maybe it's different now)

Thanks!

olimar718

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If everything works... No need to change. As for myself I am on lastest rebug and it also works well.
I don't know about psn, I guess you will need to spoof.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just update to the latest Rebug firmware. And yes, you still need to spoof the PSN throuh PSNPatch. But there's still a chance that you will get banned.

Steve77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update to the latest Rebug firmware. And yes, you still need to spoof the PSN throuh PSNPatch. But there's still a chance that you will get banned.
I used to play on rogero 4.46 for a long time when there were many new firmwares, so maybe I'm lucky but if I get banned that's fine, I don't think I'm gonna be much on PSN anyway

As for upgrading to rebug. Would you be able to tell me what benefits it would have over the firmware I am on currently, for the my uses? PS3/PS2/PS1 games + Movian(all work fine on rogero 4.46). However if rebug was to give some sort of performance boost or something I'd be all up for it, but if not, I'll stay on rogero. That's why I'd like to hear opinions from people who used both.

Thanks

D

Deleted User

Two different firmwares really. Though all those items work fine for me on Rebug.

The only thing with Rogero 4.46 is that you'll just have to resign any eboots that are > 4.46 (any games in the last 2 years)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1