Firmware Question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Prior22, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012

Firmware Question by Prior22 at 1:45 PM (261 Views / 0 Likes) 2 Comments

Prior22 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    So I went on ebay and purchased a soft modded slim model ps3 and went into the game section to see what was installed. Two programs confused me. One stated spoof enabler 4.31 kmeaw. And the other stated spoof disabler 3.55 kmeaw. anyways when i go to a particular torrent site to see their ps3 selection i see info about game patches. with these two programs installed will game patches be necessary. any info on these two spoof programs would be much appreciated as well. Thanks.
    Last edited by Prior22, Dec 26, 2012

Magsor I am watching you

Message Count:
    Canada
    spoof are just mean for sony to believe you have the said firmware. It is unclear if it still works properly because there has been a lot of bans lately for running CFW.
    I suggest you just try what you have and come back and ask if you want something else. 3.55 kmeaw is still a valid CFW for now.

Prior22 New Member

Message Count:
    United States

I'm confused about something. In the ps3 main menu it says i'm on firmware 4.31. but when i checkout multiman it states firmware 3.55 sc-36 hermes. considering that the ps3 system reads my firmware as 4.31 would i be able to play games that require 4.21 firmware without a patch.
    Last edited by Prior22, Dec 27, 2012