Gaming Firered / leafgreen Mystery Gift?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course, my plan is to have a successful backup of my original fire red game.

Ideally:

Borrow DS lite -> Launch Rudoplh's too from DStwo -> backup game + save data

Where I get confused:

If Rudoplh's tool will back up my save file as a .sav or a format either a emulator or a EZ-flash IV can use.
Idealy I would want to use my EZ-flash IV instead of my orginal fire red cartridge to run my original sav off of. Though im not 100% sure this is possible.

Okay let me clear up exactly what will happen when you back up the game data it will appear as "game header name.gba" when you backup your save it will appear as "game header name.sav"

both the sav and gba files need to have the same name and be in the same directory unless the emulator is something like vba gx where it uses a different directory for saves and game images.

you can if you wish to do something like apply an action replay code for 999 master balls do so in an emulator on your pc save your game with the changes you want to make transfer the sav back to your sd card run rudolph's gba dumper and use the restore function and you will have any changes made on your pc on your cartridge, But that's only if you want to run it off your cartridge with some changes done.

Heres the backup tool http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-gba-backup-tool-0-21-f3228.html

I Don't know how to transfer files to the EZ-Flash IV I would assume through the pc if you know how to transfer them to it then go ahead but I would say your dstwo would be your best bet with this plugin http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-tempgba-1-45-f32346.html
The DStwo has 2 cpu's which is why it is perfect for mame/snes/gba emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse