Status
Not open for further replies.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that we're all 6 years older, I think we can forgive Mozilla for taking so long.
smile.gif

FaSMaN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just downloaded it, it seems allright , the interface is a bit different to what Im use to, will need to test youtube though
smile.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ace Faith said:
*updates*
WHOAMAGHAD WHAT HAPPENED TO GEBAAHTEMP'S FONT?!

Is it just me or did it change?
just you.

i still can't make firefox look as simple as chrome. gotta be sticking back to chrome.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only lost noia 2.0 extreme
forecast fox, ad block plus, download status bar, chatzilla, download helper, download them all; all still work

anyway to move the tabs back under the toolbar?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
Read this - now who's the memory hog?

And toolbars are crap unless they're security ones, which are very useful, especially whne searching Google (little green tick).
It's not a matter of memory usage that makes AVG bad...
It's it's piss poor detection ratings, hypersensitive heuristics (to "make up" for it's poor detection)* and shitty incompatibilities with... well, everything.

*Seems they did a better job with Heuristics lately so they're not as bad, but still have relatively low detection.
http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stor...vc_report26.pdf

Not sure why they're not in the latest retrospective, but usually that's not a good thing.
http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stor...tro_nov2010.pdf

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the font thing is about what I think it is, I actually kinda liked the difference, unless it's different, in which case I probably haven't experienced it.

iFish said:
Now that we're all 6 years older, I think we can forgive Mozilla for taking so long.
smile.gif
So long for what?

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Posted the release candidate here a few weeks ago, which is basically the exact same thing but yeah, no problem
moogle.gif
Sure, that's the first thing stated in the thread after the download link.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved firefox and ff4 looks great however it seems to always freeze for maybe 5 secs whenever i start a download. This does so on both my pc and my wifes pc. I just had to transition myself to another browser. I do hope this bug does not last long.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mazor said:
Satangel said:
Posted the release candidate here a few weeks ago, which is basically the exact same thing but yeah, no problem
moogle.gif

I think we have about 3 different topics about different versions of Firefox 4 now on the 'Temp, I hate how all this information and all these discussions get cluttered all over the place. I really think the admins should just merge all the topics and make this the official topic or so.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Mazor said:
Satangel said:
moogle.gif

I think we have about 3 different topics about different versions of Firefox 4 now on the 'Temp, I hate how all this information and all these discussions get cluttered all over the place. I really think the admins should just merge all the topics and make this the official topic or so.
It's probably pretty safe to say that no one is going to bump the older topics at this point. There's also not much point in making any additional Firefox release topics until the next major version anymore, so we probably won't be seeing those. Thus, what you are suggesting seems unnecessary unless you are implying that the other threads contained valuable information.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I checked a few hours ago and tabkit* and skipscreen (not that I really care about the sites that it deals with) were incompatible and I am far too lazy at present to see if I can disable addon compatibility checking for this version or use a developers tool.

I might fire up a VM or another box later though and check it out.

*yes I am well aware there are many other addons with similar functionality that probably will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou