Gaming Fire Emblem: Echoes Save editing (Items)

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please let me know if this is the wrong spot for this so I can ask a mod to move.

I was reading up on Fire Emblem: Echoes Save editing after beating the game twice because I was looking to mess around. It seems there is some information on Serene's Forest, but not enough to have some real fun, so I'll try to add on to it. There is probably more information elsewhere, but I didn't feel like looking too hard. What I read was mostly about editing the convoy. It seems that you can only replace items and not add them. In the beginning of the game, you don't get many items, so you'll run out of stuff to edit in no time. Later on you can break pots and crates for food and stuff, so it won't be an issue then.

I focused on editing the item slot for the characters. It seems you can add in items without having to replace anything. This way you can give infinite of whatever you want.

Character locations may be different for different people, so just use your favorite ram dumper, cheat engine, hex editor, etc to find an easy to spot value, and edit from there.

In my game, Alm's Unit ID order is at 3284CE28, level is at 3284CE29, and Experience is at 3284CE2A. Alm item slot is at 3284D118.
3284D118 (item slot) - 3284CE2A (Experience) = 2EE or 750 bytes away.

This is the same across two different save logs on one file.
If you find a character's experience, go up 750 bytes and that's the item slot for that character.

Next person down in my unit order for their level value is 3284D249. Characters are exactly 3284D249 - 3284CE29 = 420 HEX or 1056 bytes away from each other.

Using the Turnwheel shifts the characters unit order. How much is dependent on the amount of enemies on the map and the amount of units you have. Keep this in mind if you are doing realtime editing. For example, Alm's unit order was 01, since he was the first member listed. After using the Turnwheel, his unit order changed to 51 HEX (81 in Decimal) at location 32861828. That's a difference of 32861828 - 3284CE28 = 14A00 or 84,480 bytes. This is 80 character slots away. Using the Turnwheel again shifts Alm's slot to A1, another 80 slots.

Here are some item values:

iron sword 03
Steel sword 04
Silver Sword 05
Brave Sword 06
Astra 0C
Sol 1C
Luna 2A

The amount of upgrade stars is 3 away from the item.
So a 5 star silver sword would be
05 00 00 50. 10 is 1 star, 20 is two stars, etc.

Stat items:

C9 Pegasus Cheese - Speed
CA Nectar - Luck
CB Fruit of Life - HP
CC Ambrosia - Defense
CD Golden Apple - 1 level up
CE Soma - Attack
CF Nethergranate - Skill
F3 Boots - Movement

Items you probably have:
B6 Orange
BA Carrot
BE Bread

DLC item codes freeze your game if you don't have the DLC installed.
I haven't tested them, but going from Serene's forest, DLC stuff seems to be:

AF 01 = Villager's Fork
9C 01 = Star Jacinth
94 01 = Gemini Shard
99 01 = Scorpio Shard
98 01 = Libra Shard
93 01 = Taurus Shard
90 01 = Aries Shard

Sacred Springs seem to be from 31D56CF8 to 31D56F67. Every use makes them go up 1. It starts at 0, 1, 2 and ends there for certain springs, or 3 for most of the rest and dries up.
If you write a code keeping those values at 0 forever, you can have infinite spring usage.

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm looking at the guide for making Citra codes, and it seems I can't make anything without actually having Citra and the rom so I can compare memory addresses.

It's easy for you to just edit the file yourself. I'll tell you the steps.

1. Open Citra and boot up FE.
2. Open up Cheat Engine.
3. Go to any character and give them a common item like an Iron Sword (Value 03), Steel Sword (04), Silver Sword (05), Orange B6 (Decimal value 182), Carrot BA (Decimal value 186), or Bread BE (Decimal Value 190).
4. Use Cheat Engine and search for the number value of whatever the character is holding.
5. After doing a search, put a different item in that same character's slot, and search for that value.
6. Keep changing items and searching until you find that character's item slot.
7. Remove their item so it is empty, and change the value to CD Golden Apple (Decimal value 205), and the Golden Apple should appear in that slot.
8. Check the box that says "Hold Value" or whatever, so when you store the Golden Apple in the convoy, it'll still be in the character's possession.
9. Every time you store the item, press B to go back one step, then select them again to store it. There is a weird bug where it says the convoy is full if you try to store again without going back one step.

Happy leveling.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ghostlander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is just items but im really curious. The NTR plugin lets you change any character to any class, BUT the DLC classes dont show up, even if you have them DLC for all the classes. wondering if theres a workaround for that.

D

Deleted User

I'm looking at the guide for making Citra codes, and it seems I can't make anything without actually having Citra and the rom so I can compare memory addresses.

It's easy for you to just edit the file yourself. I'll tell you the steps.

1. Open Citra and boot up FE.
2. Open up Cheat Engine.
3. Go to any character and give them a common item like an Iron Sword (Value 03), Steel Sword (04), Silver Sword (05), Orange B6 (Decimal value 182), Carrot BA (Decimal value 186), or Bread BE (Decimal Value 190).
4. Use Cheat Engine and search for the number value of whatever the character is holding.
5. After doing a search, put a different item in that same character's slot, and search for that value.
6. Keep changing items and searching until you find that character's item slot.
7. Remove their item so it is empty, and change the value to CD Golden Apple (Decimal value 205), and the Golden Apple should appear in that slot.
8. Check the box that says "Hold Value" or whatever, so when you store the Golden Apple in the convoy, it'll still be in the character's possession.
9. Every time you store the item, press B to go back one step, then select them again to store it. There is a weird bug where it says the convoy is full if you try to store again without going back one step.

Happy leveling.

wow thanks

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is just items but im really curious. The NTR plugin lets you change any character to any class, BUT the DLC classes dont show up, even if you have them DLC for all the classes. wondering if theres a workaround for that.

In this game, DLC classes are saved to Extra Data, and not the base game as opposed to Awakening and Fates, so probably not, but who knows.

willse7en

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Here are some item values:

iron sword 03
Steel sword 04
Silver Sword 05
Brave Sword 06
Astra 0C
Sol 1C
Luna 2A

The amount of upgrade stars is 3 away from the item.
So a 5 star silver sword would be
05 00 00 50. 10 is 1 star, 20 is two stars, etc.
How about EXP Weapon, I mean Combat Arts

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat