ROM Hack Fire Emblem Conversation Editor (Awakening/Fates)

Patreik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, so I'm really new to this kind of thing. I've downloaded and unzipped the file, what do I do now to open it?

Patreik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've opened the windows batch files, but it just brings up the console for a second and it goes away. Nothing happens after that. Am I just missing something in the Readme?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've opened the windows batch files, but it just brings up the console for a second and it goes away. Nothing happens after that. Am I just missing something in the Readme?
Hmm, I can't get it to run either. According to the err.log that appeared, it's missing "chars.bin" apparently.

Silent Hell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to ask since I'm currently past this point, however, is it possible to add new portraits/characters to the editor myself? The editor is missing the Merchants from the Japanese Festival DLC's so they don't show up in the editor and sometimes break the text if you accidentally convert between script and game.

Patreik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been playing around in this, but I can't figure out how to use: possessed Noire, the enemies, fade, and NPCs

katie_kdc

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there! So, I've been enjoying using this so far (mostly cleaning up grammar and stuff at the moment), but, just a quick question, where is the M!Corrin and F!Kana parent/child support conversation located? I wanted to add a F!Corrin and F!Kana parent/child conversation, so I figured that I'd start by copying the former, but I can't seem to find it...

zeranno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a prerequisite program for this? I've tried opening the bat files several times and nothing happens. I've downloaded the Fates resource packs and even reinstalled Java and tried running it through the command prompt, so I don't know. I'll attach what the command prompt spits back out if it helps.

Mar 17, 2018 1:42:02 PM sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.util.io.ByteUtils getFileBytes
SEVERE: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Zacha\Downloads\fe-conversation-editor-1.2.1\resources\global\bin\chars.bin (The system cannot find the path specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Zacha\Downloads\fe-conversation-editor-1.2.1\resources\global\bin\chars.bin (The system cannot find the path specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.util.io.ByteUtils.getFileBytes(ByteUtils.java:69)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.lambda$loadFontCharacters$1(ResourceManager.java:409)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config$GameMode.branch(Config.java:131)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.loadFontCharacters(ResourceManager.java:421)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.reload(ResourceManager.java:530)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.lambda$static$0(Config.java:261)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:182)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:105)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:112)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:146)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.loadConfiguration(Config.java:484)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor.main(FireEmblemConversationEditor.java:193)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.wrapper.FontCharacter.<init>(FontCharacter.java:124)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.lambda$loadFontCharacters$1(ResourceManager.java:417)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config$GameMode.branch(Config.java:131)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.loadFontCharacters(ResourceManager.java:421)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.reload(ResourceManager.java:530)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.lambda$static$0(Config.java:261)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:182)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:105)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:112)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:146)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.loadConfiguration(Config.java:484)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor.main(FireEmblemConversationEditor.java:193)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
Exception in Application start method
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$154(LauncherImpl.java:182)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot bind to null
at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.bind(StringPropertyBase.java:162)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.createFileMenu(EditorPanel.java:389)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.createMenuBar(EditorPanel.java:453)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.addControls(EditorPanel.java:210)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.<init>(EditorPanel.java:203)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor.start(FireEmblemConversationEditor.java:132)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$161(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$174(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$172(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$173(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$147(WinApplication.java:177)
... 1 more
Exception running application sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor

Last edited by zeranno,

zeranno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: got it to open by placing everything in global like mentioned earlier. Seems a bit counterintuitive to me, but eh, at least it opens.

Now here's the next problem. I can't get this to show up in the window. I have the Fates content add, but nothing happens.

[SCRIPT]
(TYPE: ONE)
(ENTER LEFT: Mozu, Standard)
Mozu (Standard): Hello

Last edited by zeranno,

Patreik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: got it to open by placing everything in global like mentioned earlier. Seems a bit counterintuitive to me, but eh, at least it opens.

Now here's the next problem. I can't get this to show up in the window. I have the Fates content add, but nothing happens.

[SCRIPT]
(TYPE: ONE)
(ENTER LEFT: Mozu, Standard)
Mozu (Standard): Hello
Have you tried to reload text? Also, formatted script is more effective

Damin72

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Question for devs. How we can use FECE with our own edited font? We fix russian letters for our translate, but in programm...

zeranno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out! So, for anyone having issues installing, this is what you do: Download both the program folder and the core files you want to use from the release link at the start of this thread. Then, you might notice the program won't open if you merge the resources folder from both rars. That's because the program expects something to be in the global folder that's inside resources and combining the folders in the rars doesn't put anything there. You need the files that are in the core rars to be in "global" instead of "fates" or "awakening", but that brings up another issue.

While the awakening files seem to work just fine from this point on, the fate ones don't. You might not be able to see a preview of your support. I don't know why this happens, but I know how to fix it. Not only do you need the files in "global", but you need the "fates" folder there in resources as well. Once the fates folder is there, you can open the program and change the Game Mode to Fates from the options menu at the top. Now, if you reload text, the preview shows up correctly!

I haven't tested it, but this will probably work if you but the awakening files in global and the fates folder next to it, but you may also need the awakening folder to freely swap between the games. It's a bit unorthodox, but it works.

zeranno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an exit command? You know, something to make a character disappear? I know it happens in the game's supports, but I can't figure it out here.

Edit: Nevermind. It's (EXIT:NAME)

Last edited by zeranno,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.