Gaming Fire Emblem: Awakening Help&Tips

Roxasorg13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! Im playing Fire Emblem:Awakening in Hard Difficulty , right now im in Chapter 2, and i dont want to use Frederick because i want to level up my other characters, i really love fire emblem, but i just dont get used to this game, i find it , really REAAALLY difficult, can you give me some advice to improve "Skills" ?

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem on hard difficulty is stupid.
Use Frederick. Later on you will have opportunities to grind up the rest of your party to acceptable levels like every other JRPG.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just match Frederick with another player. Or grind, I forgot if you could use reeking boxes at that point.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
No hard difficulty is excellent.

Pair up and place players at the edge of an opponents attack range to take them out of their formation.

Use Frederick sparingly and only when you are in trouble.try and level up everyone else.

Keep donnel and take time to level him up for end game.

Also persevere with levelling up an archer. Makes the game easier end game. Same with two pegasussa.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You pretty much need to use Frederick at the start of the game to take out a couple of dudes, then have your main character and Chrom try to finish off the rest for XP. If you don't use Frederick at all, chances are you'll get swamped.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't remember the name of the modes precisely, but in FE:Awakening you had:
Normal: Easy as hell
Hard: Easy, you can throw Frederick down the garbage can and keep playing, no need for him.
Harder (don't remember the name, Lunatic?): Frederick's Emblem (no way around it)

Recommendation: Pair people a lot and keep then together, support boost stats a lot. Bait with Frederick, kill and get experience points with others.

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the first 6 chapters (or so till you unlock DLC)
Rely on Frederick then grind up characters using DLCs.

That's why we call it Frederick Emblem (for the first chapters)
Then the Children take over at end game haha xD

D

Deleted User

I disagree with most of the answers here. :glare:

When I first touched FE:A I did a Lunatic No DLC run and used Frederick as a meat shield for the first few chapters. I denied him as much XP as possible. This is one of the easier FE games, I recommend not using Frederick and let the characters you want to use absorb as much XP as possible.

Some tips:

- Partner up, use this mechanic all the time.
- You can use Frederick as bait and meat shield. Be sure to unequip all his weapons so your opponents don't hit him for much.
- Just use the characters you enjoy the most, you will have a lot of characters that can't joy the battle later on so don't waste XP if you're not planning on using that character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1