ROM Hack Fire Emblem Awakening .arc repacker?

TsUnDeReAznGuY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All. I know this is an old game but I wanted to do some modding on the dlc of Fire Emblem Awakening. The game stores the files and folders into an arc format file. I was able to extract it using the FEAT by SciresM. However repacking them using the arc repacker for Fire IF (I know it's only for that game)( just wanted to try) deletes the folder structure and causes the dlc to go corrupted. So is there a tool that can repack the arc file for Fire Emblem Awakening? Thanks.

Shiro-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure: are you converting the folder to ctpk.lz format beforehand? The process should go something like edit the png -> convert the folder with the png and the tex.xml to ctpk -> compress to .lz -> all all ctpk.lz to a folder and convert to arc.

There's a tutorial on how to convert to ctpk.lz by DeathChaos here. It says it's for Fate's myroom models, but it is the exact same process for Awakening files (I've done so myself, replacing the default Olivia sprite with a short hair edit and messing with the UI.) The only major difference is that it extracts to the same folder it's in instead of some obscure location on your computer.

Afterwards, you can convert it to .arc format by putting all the ctpk.lz files in a folder, then using the arc repacker. Depending on what version of the repacker you use, it might not support Japanese text for the folder (the ctpk.lz files are fine), so you might have to temporarily name it to something in English for it to convert.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

TsUnDeReAznGuY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the a picture of what I am talking about. The sub folders contains the (sound, text, picture data). So I just convert the sub folders to ctpk then compress to .lz . Then convert to arc? Can I use Batchlz77 for lz compression? I am just replacing files from the jap to the usa files. I am not modding the data inside. I plan on using the arc.py from Rainthunder fatestool.

Last edited by TsUnDeReAznGuY,

Shiro-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That's different from what I assumed you posted, but it's still workable. Unless FEAT extracted them as ctpk.lz, and then you needed FEAT to extract them again, you don't need to convert them to ctpk.lz. It should be working if you just convert the main 3 files to arc, but I've only used the arc tool for image-based edits. My initial post was assuming that you were only editing images.

Juelz Proasheck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure: are you converting the folder to ctpk.lz format beforehand? The process should go something like edit the png -> convert the folder with the png and the tex.xml to ctpk -> compress to .lz -> all all ctpk.lz to a folder and convert to arc.

There's a tutorial on how to convert to ctpk.lz by DeathChaos here. It says it's for Fate's myroom models, but it is the exact same process for Awakening files (I've done so myself, replacing the default Olivia sprite with a short hair edit and messing with the UI.) The only major difference is that it extracts to the same folder it's in instead of some obscure location on your computer.

Afterwards, you can convert it to .arc format by putting all the ctpk.lz files in a folder, then using the arc repacker. Depending on what version of the repacker you use, it might not support Japanese text for the folder (the ctpk.lz files are fine), so you might have to temporarily name it to something in English for it to convert.

I came across this trying to edit Spotpass character portraits in Awakening, but I haven't had much luck. Did you follow the steps in DeathChaos' guide literally? Because I cannot find the 52 that is supposed to be at offset 0x39.

My process has been this:
1. Extract .arc file with FEIF ARC Tool
2. Decompress .ctpk.lz file with FEAT
3. Edit the .png
4. Convert folder to .ctpk with ctpktool
5. Compress .ctpk to .ctpk.lz with BatchLZ77 (using type 11)
6. Copy the first four bytes and duplicate them at the start, and change the first 11 to 13.
7. Re-create .arc file with FEIF ARC Tool

I'm still getting crashes though. I feel like I'm just missing some crucial step at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night