Hacking Finding Correct Game ID/Oclockvita Plugin Troubleshooting

Imhullu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Oclockvita plugin is not working with my Asia/English copy of Resident Evil Revelations 2. I used the Game ID that can be found on the case and verified that it was correct online, yet configuring Taihen to run the plugin with the game does not work. I have only had success when setting Oclockvita to run with all applications. Unfortunately, this causes many homebrew applications to fail to open.

Is there a way to know which regional Game ID will work with Oclockvita, and if so, how might I find them? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with other games while using this plugin?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Oclockvita plugin is not working with my Asia/English copy of Resident Evil Revelations 2. I used the Game ID that can be found on the case and verified that it was correct online, yet configuring Taihen to run the plugin with the game does not work. I have only had success when setting Oclockvita to run with all applications. Unfortunately, this causes many homebrew applications to fail to open.

Is there a way to know which regional Game ID will work with Oclockvita, and if so, how might I find them? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with other games while using this plugin?
Usually if you want a title id, open vita shell and go to UX0:>apps. That should be where all the software installed on the memory card is, all the folders are title ids for each game (VITA ONLY) So as long as you know what the title id for the game is, that how you find out.

All games are using 4 letter follow by 5 digit numbers. XXXX00000
PCSE > E= USA

If you need to know what game is the one you looking for. On the home menu open the app properties by pressing triangle on the game, and read the file size. Then find the folder that match the file size. That should be the game, you can also search the game's folder for more clues if you still want to be sure.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Imhullu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually if you want a title id, open vita shell and go to UX0:>apps. That should be where all the software installed on the memory card is, all the folders are title ids for each game (VITA ONLY) So as long as you know what the title id for the game is, that how you find out.

All games are using 4 letter follow by 5 digit numbers. XXXX00000
PCSE > E= USA
PCSP > P= EUR
PCSJ > J= JAP

If you need to know what game is the one you looking for. On the home menu open the app properties by pressing triangle on the game, and read the file size. Then find the folder that match the file size. That should be the game, you can also search the game's folder for more clues if you still want to be sure.

I don't think that's the case for this particular game. I have the Asia release of this game, with the ID VLAS38092, yet when I put that in the configuration file, it doesn't launch within the game. I also see no such folder with the same ID in the app directory; however I do see a folder with the ID PCSH00187 with data from Resident Evil Revelations 2. Upon testing that ID, using it for the configuration, I see that this particular ID works.

Comparing the installation size in the LiveArea to the folder size didn't work, as the numbers didn't match up, but luckily, I knew the date at which I first loaded up the game, so sorting by date led to me finding the correct folder and ID. Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 373
Last edited by Imhullu,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's the case for this particular game. I have the Asia release of this game, with the ID VLAS38092, yet when I put that in the configuration file, it doesn't launch within the game. I also see no such folder with the same ID in the app directory.
Then is probably not the one you think it is. Look for a folder that has the title id that matches the ones on the image.

Imhullu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then is probably not the one you think it is. Look for a folder that has the title id that matches the ones on the image.

It's definitely the right one, as the others are PSN only, and I definitely don't have the Japanese-only version of the game. A little odd that the ID printed on the product is different than the one that the handheld acknowledges, but I managed to find it. I just hope this isn't the case for too many games.

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually not the best idea, as it tends to make homebrew malfunction or flat-out not start. Having to reset and redo configurations is not fun.

If it crashes homebrew, just exempt them using "*!HOMEBREWID". I've blocked all of my homebrew and haven't had any problems there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...