Hacking Finally! A new EFA update :-D

chazmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomarrow, there will be an update for EFA carts which will allow for compatibility with nds roms 0001-0434. Looks like I'm going to finally be able to play the new mario brothers
biggrin.gif

Just in time for the ds lite too. What a week for the ds.

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome news! Lucky I was checking out this forum as I never check the EFA forum, it is too slow and never updated.

I was just considering dumping the cart so I could play Animal Crossing/Mario Bros etc, but this means I can save the money
tongue.gif

Spanky

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tomarrow, there will be an update for EFA carts which will allow for compatibility with nds roms 0001-0434. Looks like I'm going to finally be able to play the new mario brothersÂ
biggrin.gif

Um... you know that the WRG Prepatched for GBA carts version seemed to work perfectly on EFA right? Anyways this is GREAT news for me because I have an EFA cart sitting next to my M3. Another cart with good ds compatibility doesn't bother me at all.
biggrin.gif

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrg nsmb froze on my efa linker 512 on the first world about half way through. (everytime)
luckly i had it reserved and bought it.. cause it super fun.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, supposedly passcard 3 works without the dat file or whatever it was. And I think that was the problem with EFA somehow...

When's the Passcard 3 gonna be out?

chazmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomarrow, there will be an update for EFA carts which will allow for compatibility with nds roms 0001-0434. Looks like I'm going to finally be able to play the new mario brothersÂ
biggrin.gif

Um... you know that the WRG Prepatched for GBA carts version seemed to work perfectly on EFA right? Anyways this is GREAT news for me because I have an EFA cart sitting next to my M3. Another cart with good ds compatibility doesn't bother me at all.
biggrin.gif

Woah, didnt know that. Do I leave the .nds.gba extension on there? Or should I leave it as .nds?

chazmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to get the wga patched version of mario brothers to work on the efa cart? I've tried everything. I guess I can wait for the update.

butters

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
It's out!
Animal crossing seems to work, it saved without problems. Havent tried wfc yet.
Tetris DS worked and connected to wfc, played one game (and won it) but I got dual black screens on disconnect from wfc.
Hope that M&L PiT will save, will try that later.
Looks like its going to be a great summer, have my final exam in one hour and then.. some gaming
smile.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, will any usual passme2 device work with EFA? I only need it long enough to run flashme, and then keep it around just in case, or if I get a DSL and need to flash it. My guess would be that anything needed on the cart for the passme2 and flashme should be flashed without loader and all should work ok, but I haven't looked into this at all yet so I'm not sure. I've only got a 256mbit cart but my DS cart plans got delayed so I'm stuck with buying a passme2 of some kind and running the games that will fit in 256mbit. From what I've seen, there's still plenty I can enjoy until I get a more DS oriented cart.

S

spectral

Now lets hope they'll finally get round to updating the EFAII. Their support for that card is terrible, they basically released it and then completely abandoned it while at the same time constantly tweaking the original EFA.

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know this thread is a little dated, but how do I go about adding a .nds file to the EFA? I loaded it up as is, but it didn't work. Do I need to flash it to work?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is a little dated, but how do I go about adding a .nds file to the EFA? I loaded it up as is, but it didn't work. Do I need to flash it to work?

First, whats your setup? Things you need:
NDS (most important to playing DS games)
Flash card (EFA in your case)
Pass Card X with proper settings (if your DS is flashed, then you dont need this)
Latest loader for the EFA Linker

Oh yeah, and appropriate rom to fit on the card. When loading the rom with the prog, just make sure to change the drop-down for filetype so you can see the .NDS files. The EFA.cc forums have more info about rom compatibility and the dreaded faults of save type/size...

Note: just going from memory here, my friend has had my EFA-Linker since I convinced him to get a DSL
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Snow days $25 on steam may grab it