FINAL FANTASY XV announced for PC

Square Enix Ltd., today announced they are bringing FINAL FANTASY XV to Windows PC. Set for release in early 2018, FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION comes loaded with NVIDIA GameWorks technology and other advanced PC features adding cutting-edge graphics and physics simulation technologies with support for NVIDIA’s capture and share tools.

SQUARE ENIX will use its cutting-edge Luminous Engine* together with NVIDIA GameWorks and other advanced technologies to make FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION the definitive version of the game with support for native 4K and 8K resolutions, as well as HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION boasts a wealth of bonus content from the console versions originally available through the Season Pass and free updates, while the addition of a new first-person mode allows a more immersive experience than ever before.

“With the help of NVIDIA, we are creating a stunning visual experience in FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, one worthy of this beloved franchise,” said Hajime Tabata, Director of FINAL FANTASY XV at SQUARE ENIX. “NVIDIA pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”

FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
NVIDIA Flow – to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
NVIDIA HairWorks – to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
NVIDIA ShadowWorks – to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves.
NVIDIA Turf Effects – to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment.
NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.

There is also support for both GeForce Experience capture and share tools:
NVIDIA Ansel an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures a gamer’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot and enables seamless sharing through social channels.

FINAL FANTASY WINDOWS EDITION will be available Early 2018 for Windows PC.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll believe it when the reviews are out. Keep in mind, this is the same company that decided to hard lock their last numbered release to 720p with no graphics or control options at all. Their history of PC release treatment begs for caution... and for the love of god, don't preorder it!:whip:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where have you been? Linus just made a 16K setup with about 16 4K monitors. Took 4 Quadro cards using Mosaic mode, but it did work.
I'm still on 1080p displays.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank GOD! I couldn't stand the frame rate on PS4.
Irony is that basically DigitalFoundry found that the biggest culprit is that one of the new updates that made the game Pro aware also completely busted how it processed inputs, making the delay for it go all over the place. And on a PS4 Pro, there was no suitable setting. Whether the Lite (1080p, uncapped framerate) or 4K30fps mode, FF 14 on the PS4 Pro suffered BADLY with inconsistent inputs and frame times, leading to the feeling that it was actively eating your inputs. It's not 100% on a base PS4 either, but it's still more consistent than the mess that it looked in their analysis of it on a Pro console.

Xbox One version renders at a lower resolution at this time, but it did not suffer this problem at all.

I can't wait to see how Square botches it up on PC, considering how much they disrespect the PC base with substandard releases. :p1ng:

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably, a bad-ass female magic powerhouse like e.g. Celes is really missed in this game.
They could have made Lunafreya into one, perhaps...
And add Iris to the party, as some physical attack based character,
and well... Aranea too, she is in there, should have been playable from the get go.
Also it would have been great to be able to choose the character you use to fight.
Meh, a lot of missed opportunities.

But the worst is that all characters feel superfluous, the plot, storytelling and character development fail badly.
Finally someone can understand the developement of this game. Fucking right! Characters feel superflous, its exactly! Empty, foolish jester like an actor that want only to appear on screen by doing stupid show, without deep or particular talent, only want to show up himself. FF XV character are so fake that piss me off LOL Fake and empty such as his stupid director Tabata (i think he use drugs like Prompto).
Combine this with pathetic saturated storyplot style (an evil empire want to rule kingdoms - is not so new original like Square Enix said "we want to tell a story never telled before". In fact i see...).
The main villain looks like a moron homeless...
If i was in square enix shoes, im sure close the studios after the FF XV shame and go to cultivate potatoes LOL

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: rileysrjay

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're teasing a dumbed down version and choosing words very carefully.
True, but the more switch support the better. Ninty can use all it can get with 3rd party right now.

Yeah, but you posted this in the wrong thread!
Try here! /s
Is that version going to release along side clash of clans for the switch? :P
Hey, maybe they could even try out vr for switch with that ffxv fishing game from E3!

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
True, but the more switch support the better. Ninty can use all it can get with 3rd party right now.

Is that version going to release along side clash of clans for the switch? :P
Hey, maybe they could even try out vr for switch with that ffxv fishing game from E3!

My main worry is whether or not the switch could even run FF XV.

The fact that Squeenix was looking to making a FF XIV port for the switch makes me think YES the switch could definitely run FF XV to some degree but then again, this is a big game we are talking about here!

Reactions: rileysrjay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.